Author Topic: New member - mk2 gti owner - West Sussex  (Read 667 times)

Offline Mk2_lover_gtI

• Just got here
New member - mk2 gti owner - West Sussex
« on: 18 November 2021, 09:14 »
Good morning all,

Brand new to the forum - hoping to learn lots from the years of experience already posted and within the forum membership!

So after a long while of procrastination I’ve finally picked up 91 mk2 golf gti .. it’s not perfect by a long chalk, it is however pretty solid and a perfect base to build my dreams on. There’s a few areas that need doing professionally - this related to the dreaded jacking points at the front and will need replacing - and a handful of surface rust spots at the base of the doors. Theses have all been taken back to metal and treated with krust to limit any further spread.

I’ve picked up a rocker cover gasket to replace over the weekend - the 8v engine is running lovely with the only oil leak coming from here.

Any advice is 100% welcome and look forward to chatting with you in due course.

Offline Clarkey231

• Just got here
Re: New member - mk2 gti owner - West Sussex
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2021, 01:18 »
Hi,

I too have just joined and my car also needs jacking points seeing too. Sometime early next spring I’ll get those professionally seen to.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2021, 18:55 »
Congratulations, Loved my old MK2 8V had it years.

Lowered on Koni/Eibach suspension, 15" OZ Polaris and Yokos, with 280mm G60 front brakes.

Its still on the road somewhere as its taxed and MOT'd.

« Last Edit: 19 November 2021, 19:20 by madstaff »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Mk2_lover_gtI

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2021, 21:27 »
Hi,

I too have just joined and my car also needs jacking points seeing too. Sometime early next spring I’ll get those professionally seen to.

If it’s any help I’ve just ordered the left and right side replacement panels from VW Heritage - including VAT the panels came to £120 - I’m looking for a local welder that does car restoration… would ideally like to get this work done as soon as possible!