Author Topic: SFD capability now added to OBD Eleven app  (Read 9178 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: SFD capability now added to OBD Eleven app
« Reply #40 on: 13 December 2021, 13:56 »
I'm sure I saw someone post that they managed to do this, but anyone know how you can get the "R" virtual dash display in the GTI, the one with the rev counter dial across the top?

There is an "App" in OBDEleven that seems to suggest its the one that does it but when I tried it I just ended up with an additional "GTI" display - well, I got the big central rev counter with no digits shown !

@ vasilis_03, yeah that would be a nice one too. I did figure out though that if you press and hold the "View" button on steering wheel you can complete hide the left/right dials.

I have the R display,I played with a few settings and found it….when I have time at the weekend I will look and see what I altered.

Thanks Dave !
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 13 December 2021, 14:57 »
Pretty sure this is how I got the R display on OBDeleven 

Press 17 dashboard

Then press adaptation

Then view activation

There are 16 views and I activated them all

Slide to write

They don’t all actually activate but I gained the R display and a couple of others.

Think it was either view 8 or 9 for the R display

« Last Edit: 13 December 2021, 17:05 by Dave1rs »

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 13 December 2021, 22:52 »
Is the one everyone uses? There are a couple of others that are more expensive and seem a different make. That also come with 100/200 credits.

OBDeleven NexGen Bluetooth Diagnostic Code Reader Car Scanner for Daily and Advanced Usage https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K94L4JS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_29SYR7059ZZP6FFD7VN9
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #43 on: 13 December 2021, 23:06 »
Is the one everyone uses? There are a couple of others that are more expensive and seem a different make. That also come with 100/200 credits.

OBDeleven NexGen Bluetooth Diagnostic Code Reader Car Scanner for Daily and Advanced Usage https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K94L4JS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_29SYR7059ZZP6FFD7VN9

Yep ,I got the one with credits because when I bought mine with 100 credits it gave me another 200 for free. I bought off the obd site….but it was still delivered by Amazon.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #44 on: 14 December 2021, 08:57 »
You only need credits to use one click "apps" (basically idiot proof list of changes). If you want to do things by hand, you don't need credits.

To be honest, its easy enough and there are plenty of examples of exactly how to do the things you want posted on here or elsewhere.

Just getting rid of auto on lane assist was enough value for me to make the purchase worthwhile! Cheaper than driving into a pot hole!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 14 December 2021, 19:55 »
Thanks a lot Dave1rs, I got this to work  :cool:

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #46 on: 14 December 2021, 19:58 »
Glad I could help

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #47 on: 15 December 2021, 05:50 »
Thanks a lot Dave1rs, I got this to work  :cool:

Can I ask, is the GTI logo displayed in any other views or just the one you've been able to activate?

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #48 on: 15 December 2021, 07:08 »
Once the views are activated the gti logo is optional on several views,you still get to choose what is displayed on the left ,centre and right displays.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 15 December 2021, 09:15 »
The GTI logo just appeared for "free" when I enabled that display. I didn't do anything extra other than activate "View 8" (I think) in adaptations.
I think its a very cool option and I just wonder why VW don't enable these things out of the box.