Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84863 times)

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #720 on: 01 January 2023, 08:58 »
Good for you I still love my 45, had it a year now first service this week. The way I see it is with most of the cars out there they all have their own issues in some form or another so nothings perfect but the 45 individually looks nice and draws heads.

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #721 on: 04 January 2023, 15:21 »
That’s 4 Edition 45’s through Philips that I know off - don’t think they have anymore to get.
Still undecided wether it replaces this one below and CSS goes into the garage or just trade the CSS in as they’ve offered a very fair price for it
Other option being to trade my wife’s MK7.5 PP GTI in and she can take the Edition
Though I’ve a GTD ordered for her but could well be into next year before that arrives

This is lovely!
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #722 on: 04 January 2023, 16:06 »
The CSS is indeed a very special thing.
Definitely irreplaceable.

If there was one car I’d happily trade my mk8 Clubsport for it’d be a CSS.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #723 on: 04 January 2023, 16:43 »
Thankfully the CSS stayed with me -the Edition 45 didn’t last too long tbh just not for me
Nothing particularly I could put my finger on to fault but it’s just knew from day one I wouldn’t be a keeper
so when the opportunity came to move it on at no loss it went
I’ve an R20 ordered but again the CSS will be staying - if i feel the R20 is a worthy replacement then I may sell the CSS - or the more likely scenario is the CSS goes into the garage and is used sparingly

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #724 on: 04 January 2023, 19:53 »
No disrespect to the R20Y as I’m a huge fan of Golf R’s but I sincerely doubt it would provide anywhere near the fun of a CSS at public road speeds.
A fabulous place to spend 10 - 20k of miles a year behind the wheel of but no CSS.
If you can afford it then yeah, keep the CSS for occasional use as it’s irreplaceable and run the R as a daily. Perfect blend of all things motoring without having to stray from both being Golfs!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #725 on: 04 January 2023, 20:06 »
Thankfully the CSS stayed with me -the Edition 45 didn’t last too long tbh just not for me
Nothing particularly I could put my finger on to fault but it’s just knew from day one I wouldn’t be a keeper
I’ve an R20 ordered but again the CSS will be staying - if i feel the R20 is a worthy replacement then I may sell the CSS - or the more likely scenario is the CSS goes into the garage and is used sparingly

I stared at your CCS in their showroom for an extensive period of time when buying my first mk7...Let me know if you would be tempted by a private sale.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #726 on: 05 January 2023, 03:09 »
No disrespect to the R20Y as I’m a huge fan of Golf R’s but I sincerely doubt it would provide anywhere near the fun of a CSS at public road speeds.
A fabulous place to spend 10 - 20k of miles a year behind the wheel of but no CSS.
If you can afford it then yeah, keep the CSS for occasional use as it’s irreplaceable and run the R as a daily. Perfect blend of all things motoring without having to stray from both being Golfs!

The CSS is a special thing for me it just ticks every box
From the moment you get into it you know it’s a special car
I think VW just got whole package as close to perfect as possible
Looks performance and drivability- I’ve yet to see another on the road and
they still continue to hold very strong residual values
Letting it go would be a extremely difficult

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #727 on: 05 January 2023, 03:13 »

I stared at your CCS in their showroom for an extensive period of time when buying my first mk7...Let me know if you would be tempted by a private sale.

If you ever want to have a look up close at it let me know
I’m in Lisburn
As for selling it f I was to be I’d let you know

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #728 on: 05 January 2023, 11:54 »

If you ever want to have a look up close at it let me know
I’m in Lisburn
As for selling it f I was to be I’d let you know

Thanks I don't think I need anymore temptation at the minute though  :smiley: I'm also Lisburn, I occasionally see you at Lagan Valley. Thanks  :smiley:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #729 on: 05 January 2023, 20:22 »
Noticed that Clubsport is no longer available from the factory?

But I did do this a couple of days ago...

Wow the PCP isn't cheap is it? 

(I added wheels, winter pack and rear camera)