Author Topic: 19" Brescia Alloys Advice Please  (Read 7722 times)

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
19" Brescia Alloys Advice Please
« on: 06 May 2019, 17:37 »
Hi
My Brescia Alloys on my Oryx White Mk7.5 GTI Performance are showing signs of the dreaded white worm.
I've had diamond cut alloys before & dont fancy paying for a refurbish only for them to go again in a years time.
So what are my options please?
Cheers

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: 19" Brescia Alloys Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2019, 22:38 »
Unless there’s obvious damage that has caused water to get underneath the lacquer then book it in at your local dealers and push for replacement alloys under warranty. The car can’t even be 2 years old!

Failing that it’s either sell them and buy some aftermarket wheels or maybe a set of Prets. Or get them refurbed on the cheap and keep them safe until you sell the car.

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2019, 06:59 »
Cheers hog_hedge.
You think there's a chance dealer would replace them under warranty?  The wheels are undamaged, the corrosion is on the face of the wheels.
Cheers

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2019, 12:43 »
The dealers should push for replacement wheels , Go in and get them checked asap and request they be replaced .
 I understand wheels only have 1 year for warranty purposes but check with the service person whether they would be replaced first .
I got three wheels replaced a few years ago when white worm appeared on my Tiguan , and the one they didn't replace is quite bed now .
Good Luck.

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2019, 19:43 »
3 of My 18’s are the same, and the dealer I use have said they’ll be replaced under warranty. Although I did have to keep on emailing and they haven’t done it yet!

MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey