Author Topic: Coincidence is a funny thing  (Read 2809 times)

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
Re: Coincidence is a funny thing
« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2013, 10:57 »
I thought the same as it stated week commencing 11/08/13. So even 1am on a sunday they would strictly call week 34. Least those of us at that stage can relax a little, at least for a little while and wait for in transit (and hopefully no hail storms!)

Perhaps the time difference from uk to germany isnt 1 hour but 1 week. That would explain it then  :laugh:
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 August 2013, 11:00 »
I'm happy for you guys considering how long you've all been waiting happy but jealous. Lol hopefully I will have some good news to report at some point this week.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2013, 11:15 »

Don't think it's a coincidence at all... I'm 33 too, last night tracker was build confirmed, and when I gt back about 1am checked again and moved to build in progress!  :smug:

Bit weird as in theory it should have been built by now rather than just starting to be built, which suggest week 34 instead?? But getting closer to reality now!

You think him talking to a dealer actually influenced it going into build?!

To be fair, the confirmed build week you are given is the start of the build, not the end.  So, if the build is started towards the end of the week, it could easily slip into the next week for completion.  That's perfectly reasonable.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2013, 16:40 »

Sorry, just read my post back, yes, it is a coincidence then... as both week 33 and both changed status at the same time, sorry, teaches me for posting before my first cup of coffee on a Sunday morning.

Appreciate the build can start at any time in the week, but their weeks run Sun to Sat, so for it to change Sat night to build means its rolled into 34 surely?? Not the end of the world of course, and could just be the way their tracker works, as it now states 4 week time for delivery roughly, so have to wait and see for the next status update.