Author Topic: So what are you looking forward to and what are you going to miss  (Read 5561 times)

Ricepop

So I have managed to sell my car in preparation for the Golf in a few week/months/years.

It got me thinking about what I am going to miss about it and what I am looking forward to in the Golf. So here goes:-

Current car: Mini Cooper Clubman Diesel

What I will miss:

Go-kart handling
Pillarless doors
Stupid speedo the size of a dinner plate
Ridiculous doors (there are 5 in total)
Possibly Economy (61mpg average)

What I wont miss:

Tiny interior
Lack of Cruise control
That rattle from the brakes
Its gutless.

What I'm looking forward to:

Power!!!! (in the style of Jeremy Clarkson)
ADC
Having a VW again
Tartan seats
5 doors that actually give you access to the car
Having a new car (for the first time)

I'm interested to know what everyone else is looking forward to.

By the way as I have sold my Mini, I now have my 1967 Beetle as my daily driver until the golf turns up....Sweet

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Mate I sold my audi a3 2004 sline some three weeks ago in anticipation. I put it up for sale just to see what kind of interest was around got enough to pay for my deposit on my gtd. so nothing from my pocket. Some guy came and paid what I wanted so I'm carless and have been since early July for a car being delivered in mid sep or so I'm told.

Most I miss is having a car ha ha

I'm looking forward to having a comfortable car tbh. But seriously  I'm looking forward to having some fun in it.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
I am currently driving a Civic Type-R Championship White. 

What I will miss...

The ridiculous high revs (it hits 8000 rpm before red lining)
The noise of the Natural Aspiration when 200bhp kicks in at high revs
The Championship White Paintwork on Body and Wheels (it still turns heads after five years)
The Red and Black Colour scheme of the interior.
The Bucket Seats with Type-R embroided in to them.
The ridculously over sized boot.
The styling of the car, it does look really agressive from the front.
The way the car handles with the slip diff
The Engine
How it still puts a smile on my face now
How low the suspension is

What I will not miss...

Cleaning the White Wheels with 7 spokes (it takes hours of blood and sweat)
The plastic cheap looking dashboard
The Sat Nav (looks very dated)
The Audio Player (it jumbles up your music list on your USB Pen Drive)
The loud creaks and groans from the suspension on a cold start in the morning
The styling of the car from the back it looks better from some angles than others.
3 Doors and the latch on the seats which you pull to let people in the back.
The headlights being Halogen Projectors and not Xenons.
How low the suspension is
How some body panels in the boot try to pop out of their fixing.

What I am looking forward to...

The overall car and experience
The Handling and Power.
Owning a car with a Turbo and lower down power it brings with it.
The Quality appearance of the GTI being more refined
The new Pro Nav system
Pretty much the whole thing.
5 Doors on a car that does not look naff having them.

What I am not looking forward to...

New irritations, squeaks and creaks a new car can bring with it.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Coming from a Mk5 GTI I'm loking forward to the new styling, the additional toys, and more refined comfort levels.  Oh, and the new car smell  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
I will miss not looking at the tracker 10 times a day and ringing up VW UK to find out what the hell is going on with my car...Not!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
My wife is not going to miss me being in a grump every night as yet another day passes whereby my car hasn't been built!  :angry: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
My wife is not going to miss me being in a grump every night as yet another day passes whereby my car hasn't been built!  :angry: :laugh:

All our wives and gf I think are in a similar boat. We should get them to lobby vw. You know what they say about a nagging women. Vw would cave and we would get our cars.  :laugh:

Offline matchboy

• I live here

All our wives and gf I think are in a similar boat. We should get them to lobby vw. You know what they say about a nagging women. Vw would cave and we would get our cars.  :laugh:

:grin: Great idea!  We'd have our cars by the end of next week!  :laugh:

Between this poxy wait for my car and me wanting an Xbox One in November I'm surprised she hasn't filed for divorce  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here

Between this poxy wait for my car and me wanting an Xbox One in November I'm surprised she hasn't filed for divorce  :grin:

Mate I haven't even mentioned the PS4 yet 

Offline matchboy

• I live here

Mate I haven't even mentioned the PS4 yet 

:grin: :grin: I couldn't help myself, especially as she knows its CoD month in November so it'd be very strange if I didn't buy that game on release day!
Audi RS5 2018