Author Topic: Reasoning behind 5 door over 3 door (or visa-versa)  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Re: Reasoning behind 5 door over 3 door (or visa-versa)
« Reply #30 on: 16 August 2013, 09:45 »
5 door for me. One reason and one reason only my beautiful 5 month old daughter. O and the mrs said that a new car has to be 5 doors. I had a three door so I used her demand as A means of buying my GTD and sticking to the arguement I've only done what you asked me to do.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Chris.Air

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 16 August 2013, 09:53 »
5 door for me also. Lost the three door thing when my daughter came along 14 years ago for the ease of car seat. Thinking won't be long till she won't need a car seat and I can go back to coupe again, how wrong was I 14 years on and still no 3 door and another 5 just ordered. You don't see many 3 door taxis going about  :wink: 3 more years and she will have her own car. No doubt it will be a 3 door!!!!!

Chris
Candy White,GTD xeons, f/r parking sensors, 18" charlestons n what Ever else a GTD comes with......

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 16 August 2013, 13:31 »
Meh, I've got two kids, the little terrors can squeeze in the back if they want to come with me.  :whistle:

Offline JellyB

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 18 August 2013, 09:22 »
5 door for me as I have owned a couple of 3 door cars and there were times then where I wished I had the extra doors. The  4/5 door cars I have had, I haven't once wanted less doors if that makes sense!

This is a personal view but I will get a 3 door when the car I am getting only has 2 seats in it. (Roll on my mid-life crisis! ;) :D)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #34 on: 18 August 2013, 10:26 »
This is a personal view but I will get a 3 door when the car I am getting only has 2 seats in it. (Roll on my mid-life crisis! ;) :D)

My sentiments exactly - 2 front doors for a 2 seater!  As long as 50 is the new mid-life crisis threshold, I've got that to look forward to as I've blown my 40th crisis on this GTI  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JellyB

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 18 August 2013, 13:24 »
I am only 30 odd months away from my 40th, and by the sounds of things my GTi may just about be there by then. :D

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #36 on: 18 August 2013, 13:40 »
I am only 30 odd months away from my 40th, and by the sounds of things my GTi may just about be there by then. :D

Haha, here's hoping ;)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 18 August 2013, 13:53 »
yesterday me and the wife thought the doors on the 3 door were huge, they sure are as about 6cm longer than those on my mk6 3 door and reminded me of what the rocco used to be like

wife needs a 5 door which mean i can always have a 3, in reality we don't have kids but aging parents mean we have a couple of 5 doors at home these day

i love the rear quarter on the three door