Author Topic: Some (hopefully) interesting titbits for the GTI/GTD  (Read 24697 times)

Offline George k

• GTI forum regular
Re: Some (hopefully) interesting titbits for the GTI/GTD
« Reply #20 on: 14 August 2013, 10:45 »
Voice activation should just be software

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 14 August 2013, 11:18 »
Any word on your car being built this week MH or have you not checked?

I rang them up today and ended up being quite pissed off.

I wanted to find out build status and get a finance settlement quote, as I will have made the last payment i'm going to make on my Scirocco if I get my GTD before Sept 8th.

The lass on the end of the phone tried to find out info on my car while putting me on hold for 2 mins (that's normal - they have to talk to sales info), then came back to me. "when are you expecting it to be built" I said it was supposed to be built this week, but it has been moved back before. "if you are confirmed on the tracker, your car is normally built within 2 weeks". I explained how my car has been confirmed for 7 weeks, due to the 4 week notice broaching the shutdown, and it was supposed to be BW33, which we are now in the middle of. I also said that on the expected week of my dad's car build, when we rang about it, sales info could tell me exactly where in the build process it was, as well as an expected day of departure to Emden. I asked if she could do the same for mine. "I'm sure it will be built either this week or next week". She couldn't tell me any more than that. She then transferred me to VW finance where I remained on hold for 42 minutes waiting for an advisor before I hung up - the little tinkly piano tune was driving me insane.

Rang the original number again and got someone else, explained the wait so she said she would arrange a callback within 24 hours from the finance team as they were "very busy" and she didn't want me to wait on the phone for an eternity again. She also tried to ring sales info for me and said no-one was answering, so she couldn't tell me about my build either way. She will try again later and ring me back when there is something to report.

Seems like some advisors are honest and will tell you they can't get you an answer, and others will just bullsh!t you.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2013, 11:26 »
They just rang me back. All she did was confirm that I am BW33 and that mine should be built this week or next (next week? Why say BW33 and build it in BW34?) for mid to end Sept delivery at the latest. She could not tell me categorically that it hadn't been started yet. Think I was just bullsh!tted by the 2nd advisor.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 14 August 2013, 11:36 »
They just rang me back. All she did was confirm that I am BW33 and that mine should be built this week or next (next week? Why say BW33 and build it in BW34?) for mid to end Sept delivery at the latest. She could not tell me categorically that it hadn't been started yet. Think I was just bullsh!tted by the 2nd advisor.

That's what I was told on Friday.  They really are f8cking useless.  Good to know you've been told the same bs as I've been told!  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 14 August 2013, 11:41 »
High beam assist uses a black and white camera behind mirror

Yup, we were right.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/comfort-and-convenience/high-beam-assist

Are we sure that all rain/light/antidazzle rear view mirrors aren't now equipped with this black and white camera, but in most cases it is not activated because you hadn't stated high beam assist? Maybe George can confirm 2 different mirror variants for with and without high beam assist, if the camera is built into the windscreen contact mounting point rather than an add-on camera behind the mirror?

Good to know that voice activation may well be a "free" option to select with VCDS.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 15 August 2013, 06:56 »
I was looking around on etka last night and it's a different part altogether for the black and white camera behind the mirror. also believe it or not the stock wipers are made by bosch not valeo so everyone thinking of changing to sort the windscreen issue out then don't bother.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline George k

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 15 August 2013, 07:44 »
You will probably find the screen itself is different for cars with high beam assist with separate location for camera view