Author Topic: Not quite sure I can believe whats just happened.  (Read 4260 times)

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
As many people on the forum are aware there are some huge delays from point of order to even getting a build week for the MK 7 GTI. In a thread last night I said I was getting to the stage of looking for the email address of Simon Thomas (MD of VW Uk) to send off a brief but to the point email about the situation I was in and that it was mirrored by many on this forum.

See below email:

07/08/2013

Dear Sir

My name is ********** and I am a customer of VW UK. I understand that you are a very busy man and that you may not have time to give this email any thought but I thought, why not give it a try.

I am currently in month 4 of my wait to be given a build week for my Mark 7 golf GTI.

I am a member of a forum called www.golfgtiforum.co.uk and I am not the only loyal VW customer who feels that the wait (just for a build week) for the most recent incarnation of the GTI is a bit excessive. 

I understand that there have been issues with cameras and demand being much higher than expected, however I feel that a confirmation letter explaining the delay would be a good way of putting at ease up to 30 private customers.

The forums that the passionate VW customers frequent are a great place to get a feel for the concerns, worries but more often than not the pleasures of being a VW driver.

I understand that you will not be in the post as Director of VW UK much longer and I wish you every success in your new job as Head of Global Marketing.

Any information that you might be able to give would be greatly received.

Kind Regards

Well you could knock me down with a feather but at 5.45 today I got a phone call from a withheld number and it was non other than the man himself thanking me for taking the time to send the email in. He explained that he was not in a position himself to discuss my exact case but he was asking his PA to get back to me.

The PA rang me back just after 6pm! I had 3 minute conversation basically saying that they had found my order number and contact information through their system and that they would be in touch with me within the next 3 days to discuss my case and any problems that I had faced. :laugh:

I didn't in a million years think that someone would read the email, but sometimes persistence pays off! So, in essence some time next week I may actually be able to have a conversation with someone who knows whats going on! If you have any questions then shove them on here and I will do my best to see what they say.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Not quite sure I can believe whats just happened.
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2013, 18:21 »
Wow, great work!! Hopefully this will pay off for you!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2013, 18:23 »
I must say, a beautifully written email.

Well done.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2013, 18:27 »
Good work Tommy. A positive response.

I feel if VW get a sense that there are a lot of unhappy (and incredibly loyal) VW customers they may take note.

However, I wouldn't hold your breath. They might be powerless to effect production at Wolfsburg.

« Last Edit: 08 August 2013, 18:29 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2013, 18:27 »
I thought i would attempt full smarm!

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2013, 18:31 »
Good work Tommy. A positive response.

I feel if VW get a sense that there are a lot of unhappy (and incredibly loyal) VW customers they may take note.

However, I wouldn't hold your breath. They might not be able to effect production at Wolfsburg.

Its not so much speeding up production. I would just like to know whats going on. If I had a reason as to the delay and not just 'you'll get it when you get it' that I hear from the dealer I would be happy to sit and wait. We shall see, it might not make a difference, but why not give it a go a!

Offline mistertee

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2013, 18:34 »
Great work, and great response from the top man himself at VW.

I did the same to the managers at audi dealerships (2 of them) and audi uk.  No response from anyone, and they wonder why I turned down an A3.

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2013, 18:38 »
I thought i would attempt full smarm!

I wouldn't have called that smarm. I'd have called it professional and well worded. Ok the job reference was a bit  :whistle: :sick:. Spot on in my book though, great work!
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2013, 19:02 »
Well I never!!!  Great result tommy... If thats the response you got, maybe you could fire one off to Martin Winterkorn (CEO VW Group)  :grin:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline tommygund

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2013, 19:11 »
Well I never!!!  Great result tommy... If thats the response you got, maybe you could fire one off to Martin Winterkorn (CEO VW Group)  :grin:

Ha, Im not quite sure that my German G.C.S.E. would stretch that far if i'm honest.