Author Topic: VW not able to supply .....  (Read 9333 times)

Offline WXW9

• Just got here
VW not able to supply .....
« on: 06 August 2013, 21:50 »
Hi All,
New to the forum......own an ageing Mark4 owned from new ..... Time to order a brand new Mark 7 ....

Problems though......rear view camera (reversing camera) now seems to be removed from list of options to order until further notice and no sign of sexy folding factory fitted towbar either.....dealers don't seems to know or care ....do I just accept it and hold out or look at other brands?  :sad:

Offline AAddict

• I live here
Re: VW not able to supply .....
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2013, 21:52 »
Hi All,
New to the forum......own an ageing Mark4 owned from new ..... Time to order a brand new Mark 7 ....

Problems though......rear view camera (reversing camera) now seems to be removed from list of options to order until further notice and no sign of sexy folding factory fitted towbar either.....dealers don't seems to know or care ....do I just accept it and hold out or look at other brands?  :sad:

Depends how much you want the GTI really, I've been close to flipping vw the bird lately due to the ridiculous delays but when it boils down to it I want the GTI and only one company sell it  :grin:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2013, 22:06 »
A GTI and a towbar!! Don't do it  :cry: :cry:

Offline harryhackenbacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2013, 22:09 »
To own an Iconic Car which if one bit is missing will not dull the overall GTI experience ,once you get in it for a few
miles and lots of looks , trust me I have had them all (yes mk 2-3-4 were a bit naff ) IMO so you will notice a big plus
whatever spec you can get  :cool: :cool:

A GTI with tow bar ??  speedboat Only  :laugh: :laugh:
MK7 R 3 DOOR DSG PEARL BLACK FULL SPEC CARBON
LEATHER

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 August 2013, 22:15 »
I've driven a lot of cars. And I've test driven a lot more the last few months. The GTI left me with a massive smile on my face. Yes there are issues with VW but when you get yours it'll all be forgotten - its an outstanding car!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline WXW9

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2013, 22:22 »
Thanks for your comments guys......I take your points, well made re GTI with towbar ...... Actually not for a speedboat, just mountain bikes, worse too I am going for GT TDI not GTI.... Thought I had got onto the right area of the forum ........ :smiley: :smiley:

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2013, 22:27 »
worse too I am going for GT TDI not GTI.... Thought I had got onto the right area of the forum ........ :smiley: :smiley:

:whistle:
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2013, 23:39 »
The other option is wait abit longer and they will come back on the option lists when they start getting supply again.
This sort of thing normally happens with vw with new models.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #8 on: 07 August 2013, 00:45 »
Last I spoke to VWCS they were implying a month or two.  That said I'm having trouble trusting anything they say right now...

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 07 August 2013, 08:28 »
Really don't see why the rear view camera is such a dealbreaker (unless you have a neck injury), especially if the car isn't even ordered yet, the sensor/graphic view is better than most and is standard.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.