Author Topic: GTI - First batch issues?  (Read 10362 times)

Offline SA-GTI

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI - First batch issues?
« Reply #40 on: 19 August 2013, 19:04 »
Just wanted to keep this post updated, my GTI has the squeaky/creaking front suspension issue now. There is also a lot of road noise and wind noise from around the windows (4 door). My front discs look like sh!t after only 2000km with 1500 of that being long distance highway driving.

In what way do your discs look like sh!t?

There is a ridge/indent along the circumference of the disc, 3/4 way from the top.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 19 August 2013, 19:08 »
Just wanted to keep this post updated, my GTI has the squeaky/creaking front suspension issue now. There is also a lot of road noise and wind noise from around the windows (4 door). My front discs look like sh!t after only 2000km with 1500 of that being long distance highway driving.

In what way do your discs look like sh!t?

There is a ridge/indent along the circumference of the disc, 3/4 way from the top.

Crikey! Thats not good, sounds like a fault to me mate and i'd be taking it back to the dealers. :-\
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline SA-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 19 August 2013, 19:12 »
100% bud, most certainly sending it in for sorting out. Will keep this thread updated.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 19 August 2013, 19:19 »
 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #44 on: 19 August 2013, 20:04 »
You have the PP SA?

Most of the pics I've seen of PP cars the front discs look like they're covered in brown dust.  They look a right mess to be honest! :huh:

Offline SA-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 19 August 2013, 20:48 »
You have the PP SA?

Most of the pics I've seen of PP cars the front discs look like they're covered in brown dust.  They look a right mess to be honest! :huh:

Unfortunately not, it's rumored to be here next year though so just the "regular" version for now.