Author Topic: GTI without the red stripes through the headlights  (Read 14050 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: GTI without the red stripes through the headlights
« Reply #20 on: 20 July 2013, 11:29 »
I just dont think they are making the GTI stand out enough as it is. Exterior wise, if you put the GTI wheels on the 1.4 GT, they look very similar.

Where is the wow factor, Like "OMG, look at that sexy GTI over there"

What will it be next time...no stripe?

Follow the heritage and keep it two stripe.

What do you mean follow the heritage? The mk1 and 2 had one line all the way round, the mk3 and 4 didn't have one at all and the mk5 only had one, i don't think it's a big deal tbh.

Yeah but one line all the way around is really two lines, one top, one bottom.

Anyways, its only my humble opinions. As always, everyone is welcome to their own
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Running Man

« Reply #21 on: 20 July 2013, 11:31 »
I just dont think they are making the GTI stand out enough as it is. Exterior wise, if you put the GTI wheels on the 1.4 GT, they look very similar.

Where is the wow factor, Like "OMG, look at that sexy GTI over there"

What will it be next time...no stripe?

Follow the heritage and keep it two stripe.

What do you mean follow the heritage? The mk1 and 2 had one line all the way round, the mk3 and 4 didn't have one at all and the mk5 only had one, i don't think it's a big deal tbh.

Yeah but one line all the way around is really two lines, one top, one bottom.

Anyways, its only my humble opinions. As always, everyone is welcome to their own

You lost me, one is really two?

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #22 on: 20 July 2013, 15:05 »
You lost me, one is really two?

I think he means a complete border that surrounds the front grille, so I kinda' get what he means, but still think one line is a much sleeker look!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 20 July 2013, 15:21 »
When one becomes two  :laugh:

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #24 on: 20 July 2013, 15:44 »

Oh yeah :drool: :drool: :drool: heh heh :laugh:

Ahem.

Yeah I get what you are saying, I also think they should have been just a little bit more adventurous with the styling.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 20 July 2013, 16:24 »
I know, all i was really saying at the start is, you should be able to spot the GTI a mile away, and not just be able to spot it by wheels (which can be changed) and one thin red line.

GTI is suppose to be a HOT Hatch...not a MK7 golf with more BHP. I just think VW played it a bit safe.

(ill still probably still get one in 3 years time...lool) But would love to see the MK8 much more arresive compared to standard model.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 20 July 2013, 16:33 »
Red stripe at the front. The lights at the front.

The wheels from the side.  GTI badge from the side.

The twin exhausts from the back. The GTI logo on the left and lack of logo on the right hand side of the back.

Not sure what else you need to identify it as a GTI other than maybe either sticking a big flag on the car or maybe a trip to specsavers??

:wink:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #27 on: 20 July 2013, 17:05 »
Red stripe at the front. The lights at the front.

The wheels from the side.  GTI badge from the side.

The twin exhausts from the back. The GTI logo on the left and lack of logo on the right hand side of the back.

Not sure what else you need to identify it as a GTI other than maybe either sticking a big flag on the car or maybe a trip to specsavers??

:wink:

The body kit should be slightly larger.  Doesn't even look like it has side skirts.  Not much larger mind, bit a little bit.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #28 on: 20 July 2013, 17:33 »
I actually like that it doesn't stand out from the crowd too much.  I'm not buying the car to show off to the world and make a statement, I'm buying it for me, and couldn't really care less if people do or don't know what it is!

Matchboy, don't forget the GTI badge on the front grille and also the larger roof spoiler with piano black underside and side wings (or whatever they are called!)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 20 July 2013, 17:52 »
I actually like that it doesn't stand out from the crowd too much.  I'm not buying the car to show off to the world and make a statement, I'm buying it for me, and couldn't really care less if people do or don't know what it is!

Matchboy, don't forget the GTI badge on the front grille and also the larger roof spoiler with piano black underside and side wings (or whatever they are called!)

Yep, those as well!

I agree, the GTI stands out enough to tell it apart from the rest of the Golf range, I couldn't care less if people know what it is or isn't! Anything else would make it too garish eg Focus RS  :sick:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....