Author Topic: Where GTI £3500 discount?  (Read 14719 times)

Offline Nellymc

• Not said much yet
Re: Where GTI £3500 discount?
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2013, 19:41 »
I managed to get a £3350 discount through drivethedeal, local vw dealer could only offer £1250. Only downside is I've got a 600 mile round trip to collect it, but still well worth it for the discount

Ordered  TORNADO RED GTI, PP, DYNAUDIO, KEYLESS & PARK ASSIST
Bw confirmed 42 GTI TORNADO RED PP KEYLESS DYNAUDIO PARK ASSIST

Offline redgem

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2013, 17:11 »

hi could you let me know which dealer you got the discount with.The best i have got is £1400?                                     

cheers George

Offline redgem

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2013, 17:39 »
I got £3600 from my dealer. If anyone's interested PM me.

Offline sleg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2013, 18:01 »
That's a very good deal I was pleased with my £3508 off, my dealer matched my drivethedeal quote.

Sleg

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 13 August 2013, 18:35 »
That's a very good deal I was pleased with my £3508 off, my dealer matched my drivethedeal quote.

Sleg

It amazes me that dealers are able/willing to give that level of discount considering that demand appears to be far outstripping supply. Brokers, yeah fair enough, they buy in bulk and can get large discounts through economies of scale but different to your average dealer.

I got £2.2k off mine and I thought I was doing well. When I went to collect the car the dealer even told me that after my deal his manager had told him that nobody else was to get a discount any where near what I was given. Perhaps this was bullsh!t of course but ill never know

£3.5k just seems a staggering discount off these cars :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: 13 August 2013, 18:37 by CraigW »

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 13 August 2013, 18:40 »
Think it is also pot luck depending how many that dealer has sold

I found the attitude of more southern dealers around London less willing and with a no discount attitude, I ordered mine from a smaller dealer in Suffolk and am guessing they didn't have loads of gti orders s more willing to negotiate.  I got just over 2k off my order plus a good trade in guaranteed for months..
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 13 August 2013, 18:46 »
Think it is also pot luck depending how many that dealer has sold

I found the attitude of more southern dealers around London less willing and with a no discount attitude, I ordered mine from a smaller dealer in Suffolk and am guessing they didn't have loads of gti orders s more willing to negotiate.  I got just over 2k off my order plus a good trade in guaranteed for months..

That could be the case Andy but I'm just surprised that you are looking at in some cases 11-13% discount in what is one of VW's flagship cars

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 13 August 2013, 18:55 »
Yep true, but remember we are still talking VW here, not Bentley or Ferrari, at the end of the day it's still mainstream,just like the BMW M135 and several other " prestige" cars..

The dealers have targets at the end of the day and guess with the plate change coming up August is a critical month. 

That said, given the waiting list time I agree that it's a little surprising, but perhaps there is some frustration from customers at the long wait and maybe a cancelled order just before September means they are happy to sell 1 car at a bigger discount..
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline GTI_Jeff

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 14 August 2013, 07:35 »
Despite over £2.5k of options I got mine less than list with paint protection and three years servicing thrown in...... (Equivalent to approx £3.5k discount I'd say)

As others have said go to a few websites like carwow and drivethedeal, get some quotes and then pop down your local and ask them to match. They will probably say no but be patient and they'll come back to you with something close!!
Previous cars... 3x Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20vT, E46 BMW 330d, remapped E92 BMW 335i coupe, E92 BMW M3 coupe, Audi S3 (and half an E36 BMW M3 evo, followed by an E46 M3 track day specials). Current car - pure white, manual, 5 door performance pack GTI. On order lapiz blue 5 door DSG Golf R.... Build week 6/2016!!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 14 August 2013, 09:14 »
Big discounts seen here appear to be more accessible on cars with at least £2k of options than on vanilla spec. Is this where the dealers make a lot of their money e.g. there's 15-20% in the car at RRP, but maybe as much as 40-50% in the optional extras, so there is as much profit on a heavily specced car sold at £3k discount as there is on a vanilla model with £1500 discount?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.