Author Topic: Lane Assist  (Read 6123 times)

Andy_cs

Lane Assist
« on: 13 May 2013, 12:56 »
Hi all,

According to my dealer and the current price list this is not an option but the online configurator allows this and there is lots of VW documentation refering to this option.
Does anyone have info, is this really an option or not, if not then why not?
Appreciate your comments and thanks
Andy

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: Lane Assist
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2013, 13:31 »
Hi all,

According to my dealer and the current price list this is not an option but the online configurator allows this and there is lots of VW documentation refering to this option.
Andy

It's definitely listed as an option but why anyone would want it is beyond me. If you can't stay within your own lane then shouldn't have a license

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2013, 13:33 »
So far although has been a little behind, the price list has seemed to be the most accurate with different dealers having different information and the configurator being way behind! It still shows colour DIS as an option whereas the price list says it's standard!?

I don't think lane assist is available on the GTI in this country.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2013, 13:35 »
Hi all,

Andy

It's definitely listed as an option but why anyone would want it is beyond me. If you can't stay within your own lane then shouldn't have a license

It's just another safety feature, nout wrong with progress imo.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2013, 13:43 »
Hi all,

Andy

It's just another safety feature, nout wrong with progress imo.

Agree to a certain extent that some safety features are excellent such as ABS, ESP, Air bags (obviously), but with features such as lane assist and park assist your basically starting to de-skill the driver. With all these technological features we are on the slippery slope to days where you just jump in your car and let the car do the driving.   

Offline SF-GTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2013, 13:58 »

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2013, 14:06 »
Well I ordered lane assist on my GTD (mainly for the high beam assist and traffic sign recognition). My order seemed to go thorough correctly and my copy print out certainly shows it against my GTD ?

I'll have to contact the dealer to see if this is something new and if it's now been knocked off my configuration.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2013, 14:33 »
Something very strange here. Just rang my dealer and told him that the price list shows Lane assist is no longer shown for the GTI and GTD models, and he kept me on hold for 5 minutes or so whist he checked the order with VW MK, and when he came back he said, "no problem, VW confirms lane assist is still on your order - no problem" ?

What the.... is going on ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2013, 14:36 »
Something very strange here. Just rang my dealer and told him that the price list shows Lane assist is no longer shown for the GTI and GTD models, and he kept me on hold for 5 minutes or so whist he checked the order with VW MK, and when he came back he said, "no problem, VW confirms lane assist is still on your order - no problem" ?

What the.... is going on ?

The price list is f**ked?

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2013, 15:45 »
I have just found out the same you cannot have lane assist and Bi xenon headlights......

It allowed us to order the car with it and the configuration lets you do it.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.