Author Topic: GAP for GTI/GTD  (Read 10102 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GAP for GTI/GTD
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2013, 20:44 »
If I remember rightly, when the mk 6 GTI came out there were a lot of reports of owners having them nicked - from their driveways as well - for the sake of a ton I'd rather be insured to original invoice value.  Also it only takes some plum to smash into the back of you (hopefully not obviously!) and write the car off - at least you have the peace of mind you'll get a brand new replacement.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2013, 10:24 »
If I remember rightly, when the mk 6 GTI came out there were a lot of reports of owners having them nicked - from their driveways as well - for the sake of a ton I'd rather be insured to original invoice value.  Also it only takes some plum to smash into the back of you (hopefully not obviously!) and write the car off - at least you have the peace of mind you'll get a brand new replacement.

GAP should be included in the Performance pack as it has bigger breaks then!  :evil:
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2013, 12:22 »
My dealer has "given" me back to invoice GAP in addition to the deal negotiated on my last 2 cars, it's certainly not something i'd be paying £400 out for myself. I'm sure he'll get a big wedge of commission for it. I don't mind him giving it to me for free and netting himself a hundred quid in the process. I think you're far more likely to get a payout on write-off than non-recovered theft for most postcodes. If you want GAP and aren't being given it then like all insurance products - shop hard for the best price.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 25 April 2013, 15:39 »
This is the thread  from my exploits of insurance and GAP.

I was lucky as you can see.  But I will have GAP in future to be on the safe side.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=246514.0
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #14 on: 25 April 2013, 15:44 »

I was lucky as you can see.  But I will have GAP in future to be on the safe side.

Aww man. :cry: I'm kicking my wife's car out of the garage and keeping my new GTI in there when it arrives!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2013, 16:53 »

f7ck me that is outrageous!  just out of interest, what did you get to replace it?!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2013, 16:59 »

f7ck me that is outrageous!  just out of interest, what did you get to replace it?!

Running around in a VW Fox till the new GTi arrives.  Love the Fox (wind up windows and no central locking)
Just how cars used to be.. Oh happy days..
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2013, 17:02 »
Many, many moons ago I had a Seat Arosa (so a cheapo Fox) - ah, how I miss those days of sweating my nuts off with no air con and wind up windows....  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2013, 17:12 »
I remember warming the rear windscreen, with my mothers hair dryer, so that I could fit the 'stick on' heated rear window.
Sticking a front spotlight on the rear bumper for a reversing light.
And STP stickers on the side of the car to go faster.

Not to mention a Peco Exhaust

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2013, 17:14 »
 :grin: Brilliant!!
Audi RS5 2018