Author Topic: MK3 Golf 1.8 modified - lots of piks - very clean  (Read 4371 times)

Offline maguire-mk3

• Not said much yet
Hi, I recently found this Golf on auto trader £675 1years Mot 3months tax bargain in my eyes!  :laugh:

Has got a powerflow back box with a twin scorpion muffler welded on the end, its got a straight through pipe from the cat back. Sounds like its had the cat bashed out aswel, so its a very nice sounding car  :smug:.

Who ever owned the car before must of had a flame kit in the exhaust because found a spark plug hanging out the exhaust - maybe one day i might get that re connected... :wink:If anyone knows how to connect them please tell me - as i don't have a clue!

The car is sitting on adjustable coilovers - tried to clean the springs but they have seen better days :cry: - so has the thread on the coilovers  :cry:.    Definatly going to be getting new coilovers and camber bolts  :drool: .

The car came with grooved brake discs.   which i think look very nice  :smug: and will be converting the rear drums to discs.

When i bought the car, the alternator bracket had snapped which was sending the belt off...AND A BLOODY LOUD SCREECHING NOISE! But £88 quid later from volkswagon dealers i got a new bracket. Also the carberetta flange had seen better days and has broken into two. again £25 quid later and thats now fixed.  :evil:

I think the blue mushroom filter looks sh!t! so that will be replaced with a nice big red one and a very smart cold air feed.

Within days i added my sound system and ripspeed head unit - so setting more car alarms off with the music and exhaust now! It also had a volt meter built into the dash which wasn't done very properly

Its riding on 15" rial rims not sure which ones and 195/45/r15's. The rims have obvy been sprayed black but works a treat in my eyes!  :rolleyes: And has a carbon effect strut bar. :smug: 

took me rear wheels off to find it has camber bolts and 20mm spacers on each wheel and a bit of camber.

theres a few bits i need to touch up on the bumpers and the stupid mug who owned it before obvy cudnt drive and gave it a lovely war wound on the front bumper!  :angry:

The car isnt actually a gti, its been badged up as one but in my eyes in not a bad attempt and everyone iv seen stil thinks its a gti.  :cool: its had all genuine gti interior - btw the interior is imaculate no fag burns/ stains nothing...  :smug: i dont have a pik of it atm but i will get one and post it tommorrow.

well thats enough about the car! now time to make it personal to me....
I took the lights apart and sprayed some parts black.

And here is the finished product. i think it looks alot smarter now. breaks the lights up a bit.

I really need to get myself a front splitter!
Also i will be maybe lowering the car more, doing a rear disc conversion. i would like a turbo :wink: get myself a showcage, carbon some parts up and new rims, with a built in boot build.
any idea's give me a reply and depending on wether i like it i may end up doing it  :cool:

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
Re: MK3 Golf 1.8 modified - lots of piks - very clean
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2012, 22:00 »
Looks good Bud with plenty of good work. Just one question......how did you manage to mask off the lights for spraying as when I tried this the masking tape pulled off some of the reflective material and ruined the lights. I always use one of the kids paint brushes and sit for a hour or two just painting away ??

Offline maguire-mk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2012, 22:06 »
i also used masking tape, and only stuck it a little bit onto the mirror part. it did peel some small sections off but if you dont stick the masking tape on it properly it doesnt lift the mirror effect off  :rolleyes:

Offline andy-gti84

• Here all the time
  • lowanslow
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2012, 08:50 »
looking good mate but how can u drive the car with out the cover over your cambelt as this is not really a good idea really  :undecided:

Offline shelaghmk3gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2012, 11:22 »
nice :)

i dont have a cover on mine either.. didnt even notice till u mentioned it.. scrappy here i come

Offline andy-gti84

• Here all the time
  • lowanslow
« Reply #5 on: 21 March 2012, 12:18 »
nice :)

i dont have a cover on mine either.. didnt even notice till u mentioned it.. scrappy here i come

lol i would not very save with out them as u need to keep ya belt clean.  :smiley:

Offline maguire-mk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 21 March 2012, 16:46 »
 :huh: hmm, does anybody know if you can get a see through one? as i would like to get the pulley in red, and would ideally like it on show. also does anybody know if i could just bolt on a turbo ?? as i have seen these electric ones on ebay but not sure wether they wil be worth the £170 they are asking for them!

Offline andy-gti84

• Here all the time
  • lowanslow
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2012, 18:21 »
:huh: hmm, does anybody know if you can get a see through one? as i would like to get the pulley in red, and would ideally like it on show. also does anybody know if i could just bolt on a turbo ?? as i have seen these electric ones on ebay but not sure wether they wil be worth the £170 they are asking for them!

never seen one mate but there will be one out there some where... now for the turbo do not wast your time or money on it as all it will do is give u the sound but no bhp or any think else. if ya wonting a turbo the get ya self a 1.8 20vt engine an put it in ya mk3 or just go out an get a mk4 20vt.

Offline maguire-mk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2012, 18:36 »
i have been looking on ebay and have found a vr6 engine, im thinking of doing a vr6 engine swap? and would like advise on how hard it is ? as i dont want to bother if its lots of hassle....  :rolleyes:

Offline andy-gti84

• Here all the time
  • lowanslow
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2012, 19:33 »
it can be done mate loads have done it but never done one my self. there is a link on here telling u about every thing that needs doing etc but can not find it. just have a good look mate an there will be some one on here that can help u.  :smiley: