Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 230498 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's 199.1bhp Posh Golf
« Reply #1130 on: 31 May 2012, 21:20 »
And your going to be the guinea pig for the other other hardware and software mod aren't you :evil: :grin:

Urm we'll see  :lipsrsealed:  Dont' forget I've only got standard kit on my motor.  None of this fancy uprated one off turbo jobby  :rolleyes:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #1131 on: 31 May 2012, 21:21 »
You do want to beat my power....Don't you :laugh:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1132 on: 31 May 2012, 21:23 »
You do want to beat my power....Don't you :laugh:

Just not at what you paid  :kiss:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #1133 on: 01 June 2012, 00:08 »
Just get the you know what, get it scaled and see if it blows. If it doesn't then I know mine won't  :wink:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1134 on: 01 June 2012, 06:57 »
Just get the you know what, get it scaled and see if it blows. If it doesn't then I know mine won't  :wink:

Ha are you going to pay for the rebuild if it does  :tongue:

Yours wont blow; got plenty more to come from that I reckon  :wink:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1135 on: 01 June 2012, 12:38 »
Spoke to the men in the know; I won't need the 'you know what' so look out Adam  :evil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :kiss:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #1136 on: 01 June 2012, 13:57 »
And if I get the you know what...

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1137 on: 01 June 2012, 13:59 »
And if I get the you know what...

Well then yours will be quicker again  :rolleyes: Maybe...........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 01 June 2012, 14:02 by Rhyso »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1138 on: 03 June 2012, 11:47 »
Lately I've been suffering a slight 'stuttering' problem in first gear and also when cruising at motorway speeds.  After a bit of searching I pinpointed it to my EGR being a bit clogged up; its a common problem on the PD engines.

So with the help of my mate Darren (who happens to be the South Wales supplier for Bardahl Oils) I popped around to his house to try out the EGR cleaning kit they do  :smiley:

The cleaner is basically an aerosol which is sprayed into the EGR whilst the engine is running; you need two people, one to do the spraying and one to rev the engine at 2000rpm.  Very weird as the cleaner gets dragged through the engine and you hear it detonate  :shocked:  and the engine revs pick up too!

Whole process took about 30-40 minutes and we were ready to put the pipe back on with the new clip and seal  :smiley:

In preparation for this I phoned TPS and ordered a new gasket, clip and seal for the boost pipe that has to be removed as shown in the picture below

I was unable to re-use the original seal as it had expanded and was no longer a great fit

Usefully of course TPS supplied the wrong seal  :rolleyes:  They supplied the one which goes between the EGR and in the inlet manifold.  Quick trip down to Cardiff to pick up the correct seal, or try to.......

Firstly the bloke came back with the same incorrect seal and then an o-ring before finally telling me that you can't buy the seal separately and I'd have to buy the pipe at £35.  Usefully of course the pipe isn't in stock and its a bank holiday weekend.......

So knocked that idea on the head and headed over to Cardiff VW; 2 minutes in their and I was £6 poorer but I had the seal and funnily enough didn't have to buy the pipe to go with it  :rolleyes:

Re-fitted everything, put the fuel treatment cleaner into the tank and took it for a spin.  First impressions are good, the car picks up a little quicker and smoother  :smiley:

Will see over the next week or so if the stuttering has gone and if my MPG improves.

Roll on a week tomorrow though!

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #1139 on: 11 June 2012, 11:02 »
 :sad:

Down Hill From Here.