Author Topic: HOW TO: Install a Bluetooth Hands Free with Mic.  (Read 127143 times)

Offline mjc

• Just got here
Re: HOW TO: Install a Bluetooth Hands Free with Mic.
« Reply #20 on: 25 June 2010, 12:26 »
Thanks for this P3eps

This helped me tidy up a microphone install which was fitted at PDI (Volkswagen Touch Kit), the installer had used the large microphone holder that is designed to fit round the vehicle headlining, didn't look good at all sticking out of the A-Pillar trim.

Purchased the smaller holder off of eBay and following you tip to remove the A-Pillar trim I tidied things up – much happier!

One thing that surprised me about the install in my vehicle is that the Golf manual (Curtain airbag page) makes a big point (lots of drawings and red lines) that nothing should be placed near the 'Airbag' exit points to avoid injury should the curtain airbags be triggered. I queried the positioning of the microphone and cable with the garage and their reply, 'we always put them there' (don't think Volkswagen HQ would be too happy!).

Anyway, thanks again!

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 15 January 2012, 20:19 »
I've just realised most of my photobucket photos have disappeared - so over the next few days I'll gradually upload them again.
I've just spent the last hour doing the first section - editing and resizing them.  Will get there eventually!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2012, 14:43 »
Nice one ;-)

Imageshack don't seem to pull photo's like photobucket do  :wink:

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 17 January 2012, 15:05 »
Nice one ;-)

Imageshack don't seem to pull photo's like photobucket do  :wink:

I don't think it was photobucket's fault.  I think I had too many highlighted when I pressed 'delete' and lost them all by mistake!  Not to worry - they're all still in my old phone backup folder, so it's just a case of finding which one goes where, and drawing any red arrows on where necessary!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Critter

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 15 February 2012, 11:52 »
Just want to thank you for a fantastic guide.  Way better than anything else I've seen, and I've seen a lot of guides on this subject!  Most of them I could not follow, where as this is brilliant - you should copywrite it :smiley:!  I'm going to attempt to install the 97W unit this weekend into the wife's mk6 gti - I'm just hoping the dialogue, from the point where the pictures disappear, is sufficient to get the job done.  Particualrly for a technical numpty like me :rolleyes:.

Offline Critter

• Just got here
« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2012, 17:06 »
Just to report, with these instructions, I successfully installed the latest OEM bluetooth into the wife's GTi.  A huge thank you as I would not have attempted it without.  One suggestion I'd make is, when trying to pass the mic cable from the fuse panel area to the back of the audio unit I used a coat hanger.  I threaded the hanger through from the audio hole and taped the phone cable to it, then pulled it through.  Took seconds and no scratched arms :wink:!

A couple of questions, if anyone knows the answers.  Firstly, I can't get the MFSW controls working.  Do I need an extra cable or is it a VCDS coding issue?  Second point is that I did not need to use VCDS to get bluetooth working, albeit the MFSW is not working the phone.  I followed the coding instructuons provded here, but when I got to the part where I should have ticked the box, I had a completely different set of information on screen and nothing at all about bluetooth, phone, audio etc.  Is this because it's the OEM bluetooth instead of Fiscon?  Or is it because I've got the RCD 510 and not the RNS?

Any help, much appreciated.

Edit:  Now got the MFSW working okay, but have some errors still reported by VCDS, relating to audio, radio and telephone respectively.  Does not seem to affect anything though??
« Last Edit: 20 February 2012, 07:28 by Critter »

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 09 April 2012, 21:20 »
Finally - all the pics are back!  :laugh:

Offline finnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 13 June 2012, 05:29 »
Where is the best place to get hold of a blutooth set up, OEM that is, Ebay??

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 15 June 2012, 21:11 »
Where is the best place to get hold of a blutooth set up, OEM that is, Ebay??

I've bought and fitted 4 of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BLUETOOTH-KIT-SEAT-SKODA-MFD3-RNS-510-RNS-310-RCD-510-RNS-315-5K0-035-730-D-/280897465371?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4166cb2c1b

Next day delivery and never a problem.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline abh100

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 29 August 2012, 21:47 »
Great instructions and pics - kudos p3eps!

I've swapped my factory RCD310 with an RCD510 off of eBay (very easy) - next is to source an OEM BT with rSAP and a DAB antenna (doh! :rolleyes:).

What I'm not clear about is where exactly you'd put the BT unit behind the air con controls - I can't make that out in your pics.  Also do you end up with a huge coil of cable?

I found these instructions for a 3C8035730C kit from poland that shows you how to fit it under the passenger seat: http://www.carsystems.home.pl/instrukcje/bluetooth%20golf%20VI.pdf

Have you got any pics or recommendations on how to fit the BT control unit behind the air con?  Did you wrap it in anything in the end?
Mk6 GTi, 5dr, Manual, '61, Black, Leather, Ross-Tech VCDS MicroCAN/USB, RCD510+BT