Author Topic: vdo gauges wiring problems  (Read 48326 times)

Offline Devon Joe

• GTI forum regular
  • Liebe zum ropey Automobil
Re: vdo gauges wiring problems
« Reply #10 on: 02 February 2006, 00:22 »
Nice link! I nicked the gauges from the audi 80 16v quattro i also swiped my engine from but aint been quite sure how to wire them up...
I think i kept the wierd pressure sender too.. i hope!  :smiley:

Actually i think my Golf needs some custom gauges:

1. Panic Meter (for any passenger who utters the words "go on, redline it then")
2. GSF Component Lifespan (user-selectable; currently on cheapo Engine Mount mode)
3. Impending Gearbox Failure Whine-ometer (In case its drowned out by music or shouting)
If only my Volkswagen was as reliable as everyone else's...

Offline chopperoli

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2006, 14:27 »
i swapped mine round cos the big one doesnt fit on the oil filter housing, not enough space

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2006, 21:19 »
yeah it doesnt matter wat way round they go really both holes go into the same space underneath

Offline frankerooney

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 13 April 2006, 14:23 »
I'm just about to wire some up aswell. What have people connected the bulb +ve to? I guess the cigarette lighter is illuminated so perhaps that? I also guess that the main feed to the gauges comes from switched 12v. Where's the easiest place to get that from in my scirocco mk2? Any ideas?  :laugh:

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2006, 11:27 »
i connected the bulbs to the cigarette illumination.

u can either use a switch and run them off the cigarette lighter 12v feed (this means u have to switch them on and off manually to avoid a flattened battery) or u can find a spare ignition live terminal on the fusebox, hunt about with a voltmeter until u do then just hook em up to that. then earth them at the big earthing block above the fusebox, should be a few spare terminals on that aswell.

Offline silkyballs

• I live here
  • more tea vicker??
« Reply #15 on: 13 June 2006, 18:59 »
im in the middle of it at the mo still cant decide where to put them!????????you'l need that t piece which is what i was hunting for.it an m10 1mm thread and you can use a brake line T section and male to male connnector to fit it.these arent that cheap about £6 for the T piece and about the £5 for the male to male im waiting on a bulk order of both so i will have some complete sets for sale.if you want the sender for the oil temp i can supply that aswell oil pressure im still looking into.

oh rubjonny i have you temp sender for ya! :grin:
http://[img]

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #16 on: 01 September 2007, 16:08 »
i got some today for my vr6 looks complicated with all the wires

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
« Reply #17 on: 24 November 2007, 23:55 »
ok, ive got a set of QUATTO dials........

for the love of god, can some1 post a link to the components i will need to buy..........

this would be most helpful :cry: