Author Topic: Car problems, possible turbo  (Read 335 times)

Offline colz1234

• Not said much yet
Car problems, possible turbo
« on: 24 June 2012, 12:37 »
Was driving along, pretty much full boost, then just lost all power, thought must be intercooler piping as have yet to have it pop off on me. Carried on driving to a safe place to pull over, about a mile or so down the road, had a little bit of power upto about 2,200 rpm then nothing afterwards, but couldn't see any smoke out the back.

Checked around the intercooler hoses couldnt see anything that had come off, bit hard to fully see though to be honest, then noticed that the cold air feed was pretty much stuck to the side of the inside of the bumper, like sucking on the side of it and looked pretty much blocked, so pulled it off and wedged it in place so that it couldnt do it again, but my car has not been the same since

it revs to 3000rpm, feels pretty much the same as before, maybe a bit down, but at 3000 rpm it then loses all power, like there is no power band at all over 3000rpm, you can feel the surge of all the power come in then it dies, and smoke out the back as well, but i do have a mapped hybrid so they are a little smokey anyway, but have noticed the smoke seems darker now.

I really am hoping i havent damaged the turbo as it was starved of air im guessing? or have i put it into limp mode? would of thought i wouldn't feel the surge of power come in if it was in limp mode? Im not sure.

Only had the turbo fitted a month as well.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.