Author Topic: ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH  (Read 1275 times)

Offline -HellRaza-

• GTI forum regular
ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH
« on: 30 January 2004, 18:22 »
yo there...

ok i really am getting pi**ed off now.... WHY IS THERE ALWAYS 1 or 2 BOLTS THAT NEVER COME OFF EASILY EH???!?!?!?!!!.... ok, let me explain what im on about..... My front brakes are screwed in a big way, the pads have just dis-intergrated in 4 months, and as i had to drive to halfords to get sum new ones (about 20 miles!) the, now, non existent pads were grinding against my discs and taking out huge chunks... so i bought discs and pads... ?40... i thought ok, thats alright, better than takin them to kwik fit.... god i wish i had now :(!... got home took the front left off took the caliper off, replaced the disc, replaced the pads, pushed the caliper piston in (not easy), stuck it all back together... EASY!.... yeah right... took the front right off, tried to get the bolt off... nothing.... the allan key just ripped it apart.... tried the bottom one.... the same happened.... IVE BEEN TRYING FOR THE LAST 2 hours to get 2 BOLTS off in the wind and the rain.... and now its dark, and I WANT TO GO OUT!!!! ARGGGGGGGGJJJHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love my golf, BUT it is costing me a fortune to run... ive had it since september and in that time ive bought a recon gearbox, speedo cable, 2 sets of pads, 1 pair of brake discs, ive had to change its oil, had the tracking done, the exhaust sorted out, etc etc.... and it drinks petrol!, AND ITS A 1.3!!!!!
neway, rite, can sum1 gimme sum tips on how to get these feckin bolts off as i cant go newhere without fixin them...cheers

thnx

Offline mk1

• I live here
  • 2ltr16v turbo (now with programmable EFI)
Re:ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2004, 18:40 »
With the caliper still on, lever the piston right back. Then slide the caliper as far to the outside that you can, this lets you get a pair of mole grips onto the head of the bolts. Some times giving the head of the bolt a smack with a hammer scares it enough to make it come out easy ;).
Steve.

Offline gti fly bye

• Here all the time
  • VW MK4 GT TDI, ITS A SMOKEY ALTERNATIVE!
Re:ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2004, 18:50 »
I.ve had this problem, stripped bolts, don't wanna scare ya but i had to drill mine out, wierd thing was, soonn as the heads were off i could undo the treaded bit with my fingers, it's alkward and maybe it'll be better to take the whole hub off 9just don't over strech the flexie hose0

Know just how you feel mate, been there 100 times befor, sorry!!!!!!!!

BEAT ANY GTI (TOWING A CARVAN, UPHILL)