Author Topic: Mk 7.5 - Does it have a service book?  (Read 558 times)

Offline Meister

• Not said much yet
  • 2018 GTI - Pure White
Mk 7.5 - Does it have a service book?
« on: 15 August 2022, 13:42 »
Hi all,

I have actually had my 68 reg mk7.5 for nearly three years now and simply cannot remember whether it has a service book or not? I seem to remember having one but can't find it... or I might be imagining previous cars (have had many!).

Do other 7.5 owners have a service book or is it all digital?
NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI, Manual- Pure White
GONE - 2015 Mk7 GTD, Manual - Tungsten
GONE - 2014 Scirocco GTS 2.0TDI - Salsa Red
GONE - 2012 Scirocco 2.0TDI - Black
GONE - 2009 Mk6 GTI - Tornado Red
GONE - 2008 Mk5 GtTDI - Reflex Silver
GONE - 1991 Corrado 1.8 16v - Dark Green
GONE - 1989 Jetta 1.8 'Show condition' - Red

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Mk 7.5 - Does it have a service book?
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2022, 14:04 »
I doubt you had one. VW’s service records went digital in 2017.

From VW’s website;

’Please note that as of May 2017 our vehicles no longer have physical service books as all service records are now recorded digitally. Your local retailer has access to your vehicle’s service history and will print it out on request. An independent repairer can add information to the records free of charge through an online system called erWin however they can only print the information they have entered and not the entire service history.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/need-help/need-help-faqs/servicing.html
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2022, 14:44 »
I bought myself a blank service book before my GTI turned up in May 2018, and for the last 4 services have made sure the book is fully stamped by my dealer (even if there is an electronic one in the ether).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2022, 14:45 »
Mine (2019) did not have one as per the digital change but got the dealer to supply a 'replacement' service book that I keep stamped up to date together with all receipts. You used to be able to look up the service and repair schedule on myvw that was a useful record of dates of service, warranty and other repairs but that disappeared in about 2021. The last record that I was able to access was the service I had in May 2021. Not all dealerships logged activities so not always totally accurate.

If all services were at dealerships you should be able to get a record/receipts by pestering the local dealership.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.