Author Topic: Other interesting cars you own  (Read 8447 times)

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
Re: Other interesting cars you own
« Reply #60 on: 29 July 2022, 18:00 »
Following up the DBX 707, I have a 2017MY DB11 V12 as our weekend and long trips car. The infotainment is prehistoric, but it's lovely to drive and very smooth. Can't find any pics though I can upload!
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 29 July 2022, 18:09 »
Found it!

Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline Dazie00

• Not said much yet
« Reply #62 on: 29 July 2022, 21:08 »
This is my other project car:  1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1

Love that, always wanted one, poor mans Miami Vice but very cool imo :grin:
GTI PP, Leather, Pan roof, Rev Camera, Keyless , MIB2

Gone but not forgotten
GTI 5 Man
R 7 DSG stage 1
GTI 5 DSG
RS4 B7
GTI 4 1.8T
GTI 3
GTI 1 CAB

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #63 on: 30 July 2022, 22:40 »
Found it!

Wow! That looks incredible and the colour too
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #64 on: 01 August 2022, 08:10 »

I somehow managed to blag a test drive in one of those in 1988. Those were the days when you'd look through the adds in the paper, find something you fancied a go it, turn up and the dealer would hand you the keys.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2022, 17:31 by dubber36 »
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 01 August 2022, 09:31 »

I somehow managed to blag a test drive in one of those in 1988. Those when you'd look through the adds in the paper, find something you fancied a go it, turn up and the dealer would hand you the keys.

I turned up at the local Ford dealership in the early 1980’s; 22 years old and driving my 1.1 Fiesta. The salesman gave me the keys to their sales manager’s fully loaded XR3 to take out for an unaccompanied drive. That was my first experience of driving a ‘hot’ hatch (although at around 100bhp it wouldn’t even even be luke warm these days :grin:). That experience felt a bit special back in the day, and I somehow doubt a 22 year old would be let loose unaccompanied in a dealership’s modern day hot hatch demonstrator now.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #66 on: 01 August 2022, 12:17 »
Found it!

I get to drive a DB11 quite a lot as my Pops has one. People don't realise how brutally fast Aston's have become. I have driven loads of different fast cars over the years including Lambo's and Ferrari's etc, but the DB11 is the only car I have driven that gets me shaking with adrenaline when hooning it! It's an animal! I can't imagine the DBS.
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #67 on: 07 August 2022, 19:04 »
Found it!

I get to drive a DB11 quite a lot as my Pops has one. People don't realise how brutally fast Aston's have become. I have driven loads of different fast cars over the years including Lambo's and Ferrari's etc, but the DB11 is the only car I have driven that gets me shaking with adrenaline when hooning it! It's an animal! I can't imagine the DBS.

Yes, being RW drive only, the wheels will spin in most gears, if pushed too far. I take it off the road from December to March, as I don't trust myself to control it in icky conditions

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #68 on: 08 August 2022, 16:08 »
Found it!

Yes, being RW drive only, the wheels will spin in most gears, if pushed too far. I take it off the road from December to March, as I don't trust myself to control it in icky conditions

I've had the car today!  :laugh: Those big fat tyres are scary in the cold and icy conditions. They deserve to hibernate in the winter to protect the beautiful paint work haha

GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #69 on: 26 August 2022, 12:50 »
Betty the 1967 Beetle in Java green! Fully restored between 2015 to 2018.

mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+