Author Topic: Where did you go/planning to go when you pick up your new GTI?!  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
Up the Lang Whang.

Rolfe.

naw i'm takin the quean an gan doon tay tha lawlands (Galloway). Feck straucht gate, gey an bou-backit gate an aw. :smiley:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Home.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Spartacus

• GTI forum regular
I am sure the wife and I will take the kids out for the first drive. Kids love a new car.
Mk6 GTi - returned to leasing company after 3 great years and replaced with :

Mk5 GTi - Edition 30 - Revo 1 and some tweaks - 310 bhp. Its a better car than the Mk6  - Now sold and replaced with :

Mk6 R - Rising Blue 5 Door. Won't be standard 270bhp for long

Family Car : Mercedes ML420 with 360 bhp
Looking at Porsche Macan as replacement

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
For the geographically challenged, the Lang Whang is the A70 between Carnwath and Edinburgh.

It's not exactly on my way home from the dealer's, but it's close enough....  :grin:

Rolfe.

Offline gossa

• I live here
Picked mine up on a Saturday morning and on Sunday I drove it to the GTI International show. Great drive up!

Offline oldboyracer

• Not said much yet
If it's a weekday when I pick it up then I will probably take the day off work.
As I live in North Wales there are some great drives around here, Snowdonia etc.
Should get me nicely aquainted with the new baby.
Another 5 weeks to go :smiley:

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Definitely seems like a good idea to go home by the Lang Whang.  Because the direct road would include the Dolphinton Straight.

http://www.peeblesshirenews.com/news/roundup/articles/2009/07/24/389995

Berwickshire bike rider Neil Purves is accused of hitting 166 miles per hour along the one-mile stretch of A702 on May 13.

The 27-year-old from Cockburnspath was due to appear at Peebles Sheriff Court to face the charge.

But his legal firm - roadtrafficlaw.com - have asked for the case to be continued for four weeks while they investigate the allegations.

Routine patrols on the Dolphinton Straight snared about 20 drivers going over 100 miles per hour last year.

And similar speedtrap operations in the past few months have caught several more. Cameron Grost from Bassenthwaite, in Cumbria, this week admitted reaching 103mph on his motorbike on the same day as Mr Purves is alleged to have broken the Scottish speed record.

Rolfe.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Im going to Revo!!!  :evil:

no not the lincoln one :tongue:

Offline Paling

• Not said much yet
Driving from Dusseldorf, Germany to London with my Golf 5 TDi and pick up my new Golf 6 GTi and drive it back.
Deep Black Golf GTi 5dr Mk6, 18'' Monza Shadows, Cruise Control, ACC, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Storage Pack, Front & Rear Park Assist and Flat Tyre indicator.