Author Topic: 344 BHP - OH MY GAWD!!!!  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Pimpster

• GTI forum regular
344 BHP - OH MY GAWD!!!!
« on: 04 July 2003, 09:14 »
I know that this isnt an Audi forum but i had to let someone who might appreciate it know about a recent Audi Drivers day i attended.

My friend got a new A4 in March and Audi invited him and a guest to this driving day where you could drive a selection of Audis - Unaccompanied!!!

Well i say Unaccompanied. The only accompanied drive was in the New Audi S4.

Heres a brief run down, but if you want to know more just ask!

Audi S4. Accompanied with the 25yr old salesman in the back (no control - ha ha!), but when we got in and asked if we could give it a boot his response was - 'you can redline it if you wish'. oh. my. gawd. So we set off. this car is a m a z i n g. 0-60 in 5.6 or something.  We absolutely caned the crap out of it. fantastic. We asked if we could do a 0-60 test on a quiet road. he said 'fine. i'll time you'!!!!!!! we couldnt get to 5.6 but 5.9 was best we could. we also averaged 7.9mpg over 11 miles. All i can say is i want a 4.2 v8 S4. I only need ?37k now.  

The other cars we drove were the TT 225 bhp, and the new A3. TT had very heavy steering but quite nippy (to say the least) but could do with a little more power - they didnt have the 3.2v6 there. shame. As it was unaccompanied we thought we'd do a 'few' 0-60 tests in the TT. 6.5 was the best, but the clutch started to smell so we gave up......  ;)

The new A3 2.0 FSI is very smooth but it has NO POWER. All very lovely but so dull.

I have to say tho. If you get the opportunity to test drive an S4 - DO IT. The car sounds fantastic. goes like s*** thru a goose. and is just so addictive.

« Last Edit: 04 July 2003, 14:25 by Pimpster »

Offline ashaudi

• Just got here
Re:344 BHP - OH MY GAWD!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2003, 14:03 »
 ;D I also had the pleasure of driving the S4 and can confirm that it runs the M3 very close. The V8 growl is awesome! Any news on the S3 out there? I hear a 3.2 V6 is due later. Is this a new engine or standard VAG?

Offline Pimpster

• GTI forum regular
Re:344 BHP - OH MY GAWD!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2003, 14:24 »
At the driving day i spoke to the sales manager. There is no S3 definitely planned (however i could probably learn more from EVO mag than a car salesman!) but the 3.2 A3 is out in october. Sounds like it'll be great tho.

The A3 i drove had a great gearchange, really nicely put together and really well balanced steering. just no power. So the 3.2 should be worth a look. I reckon as quick as old S3 but far nicer sounding.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2003, 14:24 by Pimpster »