Author Topic: Adam - White GTI  (Read 27936 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: Adam - White GTI
« Reply #20 on: 17 October 2009, 21:48 »
But guess who parked next to it tonight... :lipsrsealed:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 17 October 2009, 22:02 »
But guess who parked next to it tonight... :lipsrsealed:

Thanks for that picture msg, I wept a tear  :cry:

lol

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 26 November 2010, 00:13 »
Could have a chance at buying her back :)

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2011, 19:32 »
Could have a chance at buying her back :)

Back to business. The car needs a bit of work done to it. This is going to be my winter project. The first thing to do is strip the interior and sell the leathers. In need of some 3door standard seats and door cards to replace the current leathers.

Gearbox has lost reverse. So instead of replacing it with a standard rod shift 020 box I have bought a 02A hydro clutch and cable gear change box. A bit of work getting it to fit but we should be alright.

« Last Edit: 24 September 2011, 19:42 by Adam »

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 29 September 2011, 03:04 »
Someone had previously jacked the car in the center if the drivers side floor pan causing a bit of a problem...I call it ventalation, mind you thats not what my tester said :undecided:

:shocked:

Right lets get welding

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 06 October 2011, 23:21 »
Gearbox-

Since I have lost reverse on the old 020 box Im always one to upgrade rather than replace with an item that has a known fault. Mission for the weekend is to convert the old 020 cable clutch/rod gearbox for a hydraulic clutch/cable gearbox.

I would like to express my opinion on the apparent VR6 clutch upgrade over the 16V clutch. I had them side by side with the parts guy and myself trying to spot differences between them. The only slight thing we saw was the pressure plate had two small extra rivits....Not sure this is worth the extra £21 over the standard item but hey hooo..I stuck with the standard 16v item.

Keep posted for the result :afro:
« Last Edit: 07 October 2011, 10:49 by Adam »

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 10 October 2011, 17:09 »
Gearbox fitting went rather well :) Thought it may be a ball but Brad/Kells/F17BAD and DH helped me with some information.

Out with the old

How the old 8v clutch was still coping was amazing! Didn't have much life left in it! Strange release method on the 020 boxes. Goes through the gearbox and out the center of the input shaft :huh:

In with the new

More to come tonight

Down Hill From Here.