Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829115 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3240 on: 31 October 2015, 13:09 »
Had my NSF alloy replaced this morning after noticing some corrosion round the tyre valve. All done under warranty  :smiley: :smiley:

Was it the dreaded whiteworm?

See this thread Ms B

Even the painted bits aren't sacred!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3241 on: 31 October 2015, 13:40 »
Had my NSF alloy replaced this morning after noticing some corrosion round the tyre valve. All done under warranty  :smiley: :smiley:

See this thread Ms B

Is there a link missing from your post M.Ex? (the missing link ; )

Better watch them Prets then.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3242 on: 31 October 2015, 13:41 »

Not yet Booth but it probably would have resulted in whiteworm eventually. Due credit to the dealer who had no hesitation in replacing it.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3243 on: 31 October 2015, 13:43 »

Not yet Booth but it probably would have resulted in whiteworm eventually. Due credit to the dealer who had no hesitation in replacing it.

Good result on the dealer's part.  Always a pain when you have spend time convincing them.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3244 on: 31 October 2015, 17:53 »

See this thread Ms B

Is there a link missing from your post M.Ex? (the missing link ; )

Better watch them Prets then.
D'oh!
Pesky Halloween cyber spirits stole the link from my post as I'd never be so daft as to forget to paste it...  :whistle:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=275872.0

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3245 on: 31 October 2015, 18:38 »
Got my renewal sorted before the hike in insurance tax kicks in tomorrow. Last month I was looking at £270 on my own (full NCD, protected), this month the cheapest comparison site prices are £345 on my own  :shocked:, but i've opted to bravely add the missus (who passed her test on Tues) for £412 - I thought that was pretty reasonable to add a newly qualified driver. She'll not get near it until Winter is done and dusted.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #3246 on: 31 October 2015, 19:26 »
Swapped out my cheap "xenon look" cornering lights (which were still very yellow compared to the headlights) for a pair of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181839096754?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Work great - no errors on the quick check I just went out and did and whilst not quite as bright as standard (but hey, they're only cornering lights) they look loads better and match the colour temp of both my 6000k xenon bulbs (changed from standard to match the fog lights) and the fog lights perfectly.

I even managed to get them both the correct polarity the first time I plugged them in!!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #3247 on: 31 October 2015, 20:34 »
Swapped out my cheap "xenon look" cornering lights (which were still very yellow compared to the headlights) for a pair of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181839096754?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Work great - no errors on the quick check I just went out and did and whilst not quite as bright as standard (but hey, they're only cornering lights) they look loads better and match the colour temp of both my 6000k xenon bulbs (changed from standard to match the fog lights) and the fog lights perfectly.

I even managed to get them both the correct polarity the first time I plugged them in!!

Good find gnasher, hard to find high powered led that are still canbus.

Today I dropped my car off at shark to fix the dealers new update and get my power back! Tired of being overtaken by these common golf R's ;)
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3248 on: 02 November 2015, 09:39 »
Finally after three weeks got round to taking the space saver off and putting the TSWs shod in Super Sports back on, alas a puncture at 70 destroyed the inner side wall of a Sport Cup 2, i actually detected the pressure loss before the tyre sensor kicked in but on the MQB it actually tells you which wheel

Then drove it for the first time in three weeks, after driving the NB one I certainly noticed the difference in the brakes

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #3249 on: 02 November 2015, 22:37 »
A couple of parts arrived in the post today to continue my GTI sharpening project. Next to Install is a VWR R600 intake and a  034 aluminium insert to tighten things up a bit as the engine movement is more pronounced with the DTUK box. Will fit over the next couple of days.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI