Author Topic: GTI International 2012 - forum get together - chat thread  (Read 17860 times)

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: GTI International 2012 - forum get together - chat thread
« Reply #80 on: 24 June 2012, 21:43 »
Saw one on the way in this morning,was a really nice corrado a red colour,had been arse ended buy a beemer i think  :rolleyes:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #81 on: 24 June 2012, 21:50 »
Sad times :cry: hope all involved get well soon

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 24 June 2012, 23:22 »
There was a very sombre mood there today after this happened. Me and our lass had literally been browsing in the jumble area where the guy came off minutes before it happened. Was walking back along the side of the track then the ambulances started. Helicopter was there in minutes. I must admit I'm glad I didn't see it. The announcer seemed to be quite calm which I took as a good sign that nobody was really badly injured so I'm hopeful and optimistic they are all ok.
Had enjoyed the day up to then but stuff like that suddenly makes it very sobering.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #83 on: 25 June 2012, 15:10 »
Hope all goes well to those who were injured.

Over all a good show. Weather got better which makes or breaks a show. Good laugh with the usual. Can't fault it.

Wouldn't be put off by this accident. Apparently it was a snap-off steering wheel that caused the crash?
:)

Offline Dawnskaybug

• GTI forum regular
  • GoAPR.co.uk
« Reply #84 on: 25 June 2012, 19:57 »
Good to hear at least the 2 are OK. I saw the Helicopter when I was getting food and was like WTF?? Then I heard the announcer say there were 3 casualties.. In American English casualties means deaths.  My wife and I were in shock then I asked someone if casualtiy meant they were dead. The told me no.
2 years ago in Oklahoma a cars throttle got stuck and went out of control. It hit a barrier flipped over it and killed my friends girlfriend.
They could of least filled the barriers with water. 
APR K04//APR Carbonio Intake//Hawk HPS pads//Adams Rotors//Billy Banks Downpipe//APR Rear Sway bar

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #85 on: 25 June 2012, 20:16 »
me, my mate & mad4vw's was stood in the same place where the leon went into the crowd. Then we went to the jumbo section and then went back to start of the drag strip area & i said to my mate lets go at the top his like naaa its better here 2mins later a leon goes into the other lane into the plasic boxes then flies into the air and BANG onto the track & into the barriers. I saw 3 people on the floor (my heart sank!!)and i was praying that they wasnt hurt also was thinking sh!t mad4vw's was there so quickly ran there. Saw 3 people laid on the floor. A guy on his own & it looked like a couple. The guy on his own was talking and the couple wernt (thats what i saw) then the air ambulannce came. F*cked my day up! Hope they all ok!!!
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline madmanmart

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 25 June 2012, 21:47 »
Me and my misses were involved in this, dark day for us.

I got home eailier and big thanks to everyone for their words of support, much appreciated  :smiley:

I bulleyed the windscreen and the car hit my side but nothing serious so very lucky tbh.

I didnt see it coming I only heard the crowd gasp and it made me turn round and bang.

My misses got cuts an bruises and was released yesterday.

Ive heard nothing of the other guy who went in the air ambulance but he was apparantly worse than me.

Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #87 on: 25 June 2012, 21:58 »
Wow Glad you and your misses is ok. was shocked to hear something like this happened. Brought a dark cloud over the event which the 25th GTI International will always be remembered for :sad:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #88 on: 25 June 2012, 22:03 »
glad your both ok someone was watching over the two of you yesterday

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #89 on: 25 June 2012, 22:06 »
Me and my misses were involved in this, dark day for us.

I got home eailier and big thanks to everyone for their words of support, much appreciated  :smiley:

I bulleyed the windscreen and the car hit my side but nothing serious so very lucky tbh.

I didnt see it coming I only heard the crowd gasp and it made me turn round and bang.

My misses got cuts an bruises and was released yesterday.

Ive heard nothing of the other guy who went in the air ambulance but he was apparantly worse than me.

Good to hear your both ok, sounded nasty and by the sounds of it could have been far worse. Hope you both get better soon mate (and buy a blo0dy lottery ticket!)

Hope the other chap is ok, was that the driver?