Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 539445 times)

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #2170 on: 24 April 2021, 21:47 »
Looks amazing. Tyre dressing, I find that once on it lasts one trip out and tyres are back to normal! 🙄 is there anything decent out there to keep them black a bit longer?

Whatever you use,scrub the tyres first with a small soft brush,you will be amazed how much dirt comes off.....then the tyre dressing is on the tyre not dirt.

I currently use a Meguiars dressing.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2171 on: 25 April 2021, 01:50 »
Looks amazing. Tyre dressing, I find that once on it lasts one trip out and tyres are back to normal! 🙄 is there anything decent out there to keep them black a bit longer?
I recommend this - https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/tuf-shine-tyre-shine-kit.

Gives you everything you need.  Apply one coat for a more factory matte finish and apply additional coats for more of a wet-look finish.  Lasts a good few weeks and, most importantly, doesn't sling onto the paintwork.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2172 on: 25 April 2021, 08:13 »

Whatever you use,scrub the tyres first with a small soft brush,you will be amazed how much dirt comes off.....then the tyre dressing is on the tyre not dirt.

I currently use a Meguiars dressing.

Cheers, I’ll spend a bit more time scrubbing and see how I get on 😁😉
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2173 on: 09 June 2021, 23:13 »
Actually managed to wash the car twice in two weeks and even apply some sealant/polish! Looks alright. Not perfect but it'll do!

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #2174 on: 10 June 2021, 23:02 »
Nothing exciting just a wash and a coat of sealant, the light had gone by the time I go round to getting a proper photo, not a bad thing though as it takes 24 hours for the gloss to full come through the sealant.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2175 on: 11 June 2021, 13:05 »
Looking good, Willni.  There's just something about a spankingly clean and shiny red GTI that's iconic.  It's a shame that the Mk.8 red isn't really red.

Just about to go out and give mine a bath too.

By the way, what are you using to blank out your reg plate?  I always have to 'splodge' mine out using MS Paint and it kinda ruins the photo.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 13:07 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #2176 on: 11 June 2021, 14:45 »
Looking good, Willni.  There's just something about a spankingly clean and shiny red GTI that's iconic.  It's a shame that the Mk.8 red isn't really red.

Just about to go out and give mine a bath too.

By the way, what are you using to blank out your reg plate?  I always have to 'splodge' mine out using MS Paint and it kinda ruins the photo.

There really is, I'd only ever have a GTI in red for it's heritage but like the shift from Mars Red to Tornado red the Mk8 Kings Red is moving with the times!

I've an iphone and when you hit edit there's an option in the top right corner for 'Mark up', where you can colour match a sample from where you want in the photo then I just draw a line over. I'm sure there's a high-tech method of it but it's easy and works  :grin:

If you're on an android try googling "Android Picture mark-up equivalent" might find something just as easy.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2177 on: 11 June 2021, 19:16 »
There really is, I'd only ever have a GTI in red for it's heritage but like the shift from Mars Red to Tornado red the Mk8 Kings Red is moving with the times!

That's one hell of a move, though.  I am sure they could've stayed a little closer to red than burgundy, as KR just doesn't look GTI enough, in my opinion.

I've an iphone and when you hit edit there's an option in the top right corner for 'Mark up', where you can colour match a sample from where you want in the photo then I just draw a line over. I'm sure there's a high-tech method of it but it's easy and works  :grin:

If you're on an android try googling "Android Picture mark-up equivalent" might find something just as easy.

Oh, really? Yours looks like it has been blanked automatically by the app. You've basically used the same method as mine but you've clearly got better technique than me....or not as fat fingers!  :grin:

Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #2178 on: 11 June 2021, 20:27 »

That's one hell of a move, though.  I am sure they could've stayed a little closer to red than burgundy, as KR just doesn't look GTI enough, in my opinion.

Oh, really? Yours looks like it has been blanked automatically by the app. You've basically used the same method as mine but you've clearly got better technique than me....or not as fat fingers!  :grin:

I agree probably could've stayed closer to red but having seen a Cupra in a similar colour it looks very smart.

You can zoom in on the photo and draw over it, it makes it much more accurate  :smiley:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2179 on: 14 June 2021, 10:28 »
Hopefully this won't ruin my plans but tomorrow could be wash day for my car! And if so, for the second time this year :embarrassed:. I've a day off, looks like it won't be too hot and hopefully a bit overcast. Feeling like I might have the energy for it as well so the stars could all be aligned at last! All going well I'd like to de-tar and get some wax on it too. Fingers crossed :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.