Author Topic: Best polish for black car  (Read 4875 times)

Offline SI74

• I live here
Re: Best polish for black car
« Reply #10 on: 27 October 2013, 00:33 »
Never seen the point of grit guards. They will stop your mitt getting in the grit at the bottom of the bucket, but not the grit that is still floating around. I never put my mitt down in the bucket to pick up the shampoo, just lay it flat just under the surface and it's well away from any grit. Ring it out on the ground before rinsing it in the second bucket and not much crap will end up in there either.

Is a grit guard not meant to stop you from creating a vortex in the bottom of the bucket when you swish your mitt round meaning the grit shouldnt be stirred up and stays in the bottom. When you think about it how far do you reach down into a bucket anyways. 

OP

To get the best results you might need to look into getting a DA as you'll you never remove the swirls by hand no matter what people say.  There is products out there that will mask them tho like Black Hole, Blacklight and EZ Creme. As already said Menzerna works well with a DA on Vag paint but so does the SSR and professional rang from Poorboys World and the 3M range. 

Offline A5H

• Not said much yet
  • MK4 1.8 Turbo
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2013, 10:01 »
So where can i find a cheap DA that works?

I know you get what you pay for but cant afford to spend £100 on one  :undecided:

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2013, 11:01 »
Ebay will be your best bet then if you don't want to pay 3 figures for a new one.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2013, 12:30 »
Why not save up until you can afford one. No point buying a cheap second hand one that might pack up. People sell stuff on ebay for a reason.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 27 October 2013, 19:11 »
Best to save up and buy a kit with pads and polish with it.  Will save you a few pounds.