Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 24242 times)

Offline dreamcar

• Not said much yet
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #30 on: 08 March 2018, 09:15 »
Now at 5c  :laugh:

Yep, same here. VW estimate 10 days to dealer :laugh:

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 08 March 2018, 13:38 »
Bah mine is still in Emden  :sad:  Its been there since the 28th.  Knowing my luck it will be there for the maximum allotted time.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 08 March 2018, 14:35 »
Bah mine is still in Emden  :sad:  Its been there since the 28th.  Knowing my luck it will be there for the maximum allotted time.
Perhaps it's just the southern ones that are UK bound?
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 08 March 2018, 14:41 »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah I think your probably right.  Do you know which port yours is heading to?

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 08 March 2018, 15:20 »

[/quote]

Yeah I think your probably right.  Do you know which port yours is heading to?
[/quote]
It boarded the Thames Highway yesterday and should arrive at the Port of Sheerness in a couple of days. :laugh:
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 08 March 2018, 15:24 »
Thames Highway is currently in Sheerness!!! Joy!!!!

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 08 March 2018, 15:30 »
35 miles miles from my dealer....  I wonder if I can borrow some trade plates. :whistle:

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 08 March 2018, 15:34 »
Excellent  :smiley:  Your lucky your car is going to the port nearest to your dealer.  For some reason mine isn't.  Guess it just depends on schedules.

I have identified a couple of ships heading to Emden that might have a chance of picking my car up so going to keep an eye on those :)

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 08 March 2018, 15:44 »
Excellent  :smiley:  Your lucky your car is going to the port nearest to your dealer.  For some reason mine isn't.  Guess it just depends on schedules.

I have identified a couple of ships heading to Emden that might have a chance of picking my car up so going to keep an eye on those :)
The VW Live chat was very forthcoming with all the info and then I used a marine tracker to see where the ship was and that it had left on the correct day.  My last new car came from America - plenty of time to track the ship.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 09 March 2018, 07:42 »
The Thames Highway left port the UK last night  :laugh: