Author Topic: Finally the Pretorias are on  (Read 11556 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: Finally the Pretorias are on
« Reply #40 on: 06 November 2017, 20:51 »
They really look great although I would say the Belvederes looked great too! So are you going to lease out the Belvederes :wink:

How about a before and after picture post, be interesting to see the difference in looks on the same car....

Before

They are a great looking wheel.

Now I'm off to Down and to the left quite a bit to do some skip scavenging.
:grin:

I am loving the black lines and fog surrounds !

There's no fogs on a clubsport Jeni.

I know i mean where the fogs are on mine the grill is nice black  :grin:

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #41 on: 06 November 2017, 22:16 »
I still prefer the Belvederes.
I think it's because the black area of the wheels matches the rest of the car better.
I'm probably in the minority though :grin:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 07 November 2017, 06:59 »

The Belvederes are now finally in the skip  :laugh:

I don't suppose you're selling the old wheels? I have a friend on the hunt for some Belvederes...  I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, maybe it's other forum members digging for the same info?  :smiley:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 12 November 2017, 11:58 »
Thanks Rob, Joe and Stevie  :smiley: glad to hear you all approve  :grin:
And thanks kalimon too for the lone voice of dissent!  :laugh:

I don't suppose you're selling the old wheels? I have a friend on the hunt for some Belvederes...  I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, maybe it's other forum members digging for the same info?  :smiley:

Funny you should say that!

I'm not sure what I want to do with them yet.
Part of me thinks they'd be useful for back-up wheels and to put back on when the time comes to move the car on again.
And part of me is fed up with having them give me about 3 inches either side of the car to reverse into the garage.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #44 on: 12 November 2017, 14:41 »
Thanks Rob, Joe and Stevie  :smiley: glad to hear you all approve  :grin:
And thanks kalimon too for the lone voice of dissent!  :laugh:
You know I want them wheels :drool:

Part of me thinks they'd be useful for back-up wheels and to put back on when the time comes to move the car on again.
And part of me is fed up with having them give me about 3 inches either side of the car to reverse into the garage.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 12 November 2017, 20:18 »

Well if you do decide to sell, I've got a buyer waiting... PM me   :smiley:

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 14 November 2017, 18:21 »
I like the Pretoria's and fitted a set to my wife's R that she had a few years ago. My CS has the standard 18" Belverderes and I'll probably keep them on. I like the fact they are quite rare, I do like the Brescia's though.
OP, have you noticed a big difference in ride comfort with the 19's on?
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 16 November 2017, 06:33 »
I like the Pretoria's and fitted a set to my wife's R that she had a few years ago. My CS has the standard 18" Belverderes and I'll probably keep them on. I like the fact they are quite rare, I do like the Brescia's though.

Yes, the car has become quite harsh.
It wasn’t great before on the 18’s which I put down to the Bridgestones but now it’s really quite harsh over sharp irregularities. So I’m now putting it down to the springs.
Keep the Belvederes on.

My R was just as smooth on 19’s as it was on 18’s. The rear suspension in R’s is very forgiving.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 16 November 2017, 10:08 »
I'm finding the ride in my Clubsport quite harsh on the Pretoria's too, even in Comfort - certainly more harsh than I was expecting. I'd put it (partly) down to stiff sidewalls in the Cup 2 tyres, but as you say it seems like it may be the set-up of the springs or similar.

I couldn't wait to get rid of my previous, boring S4, but now I miss its ride comfort!
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #49 on: 16 November 2017, 10:11 »

Yes, the car has become quite harsh.
It wasn’t great before on the 18’s which I put down to the Bridgestones but now it’s really quite harsh over sharp irregularities. So I’m now putting it down to the springs.
Keep the Belvederes on.

My R was just as smooth on 19’s as it was on 18’s. The rear suspension in R’s is very forgiving.

Thanks for that. I'm happy with the ride of the CS and don't want to make it worse. I changed the wheels on the Golf R mainly for looks as I wasn't keen on the Cadiz alloys, but as I like the Belverderes I'll probably keep them, might spend the cash on an exhaust :)
Alfa Four Cheese