Author Topic: 7.5 GTI Sound  (Read 1728 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
7.5 GTI Sound
« on: 28 August 2017, 22:00 »
I have had my 7.5 GTI for 3 days now and 400 miles in the exhaust is really coming alive already. Love the 'DSG farts' on upshifts. Really like the engine sound in sport mode, maybe a bit artifical but still sounds good :rolleyes:

One thing I have noticed and not sure if its by design or not, in sport mode when 'flooring it' between 3-4k revs there is a slight vibration type noise on top of the artifical engine sound coming from the middle of the dash. Doesnt happen in any other mode and after 4k ish revs it dissappears . Anybody have this on theirs?
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Wide

• I live here
Re: 7.5 GTI Sound
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2017, 05:57 »
I have had my 7.5 GTI for 3 days now and 400 miles in the exhaust is really coming alive already. Love the 'DSG farts' on upshifts. Really like the engine sound in sport mode, maybe a bit artifical but still sounds good :rolleyes:

One thing I have noticed and not sure if its by design or not, in sport mode when 'flooring it' between 3-4k revs there is a slight vibration type noise on top of the artifical engine sound coming from the middle of the dash. Doesnt happen in any other mode and after 4k ish revs it dissappears . Anybody have this on theirs?

:sad: No i don´t think i have someting like that in my Car. I have done a couple of videos in sportmode. But don´t think it is some nocie like that in the movies..  :whistle:

My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2017, 08:07 »
Hi Clarky, I had the same thing and I put it down to the Soundaktor which, as far as I understand, vibrates the windshield to make that artificial engine sound. As default, the Soundaktor is at its strongest in Sport mode which is possibly why you only notice it in that setting.

I toned down the strength of the Soundaktor (to 50% in all modes) using Obdeleven as many others have done and I haven't noticed it since. However, if you do want to keep it at 100%, you might need a trip to the dealer.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2017, 18:57 »
Thanks guys, its definately a buzzing noise behind the center of the dash in sport between 3-4k revs. I will book it in!
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline random_nickname

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2017, 10:03 »
I have this on mine but it is very intermittent. Usually always in Sport mode but sometimes it can happen in standard drive mode. I haven't heard it now for quite a while but it sounds a bit like a rattle behind the dash after 3k revs. I was going to book mine in but as it doesn't happen very often so it would probably be a wasted visit.
| GOLF MK7 GTI | PP | DSG | KEYLESS | DYNAUDIO | SUNROOF | 3DR | WHITE |

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2017, 11:06 »
What the op was describing sounded familiar so I turned my soundaktor back on on my GTD and I get the same vibration from the centre of the dash between 3-4k. I know mine's a diesel but shows that it must be the soundaktor that is causing it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17