Author Topic: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?  (Read 17454 times)

Offline rfasixpence

• Just got here
Re: Anyone Ordered The New 2017 Golf GTI or R?
« Reply #50 on: 20 February 2017, 08:52 »
Needles? None, I believe.

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #51 on: 20 February 2017, 10:11 »
Just seen on the R forum someone post up prices from a website called Nationwide cars. They are quoting a new FL 3dr R at just over £25k  :shocked: :shocked:

Just specced one up on that website - 20% off  :shocked: That can't be right, surely?!

Not sure about these guys. I just spoke to them and they are quoting a 25 week delivery time! That's crazy long. But yes the price seems correct.

Also it's not like DTD, where they put you in touch with a main dealer and then from there on you deal directly with the main dealer. With nationwide cars, you deal with them throughout the process, meaning they could easily shuffle your order as they please I think.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 20 February 2017, 12:22 »
Getting back into VW at just the right time it seems.

A great time to buy but the resale on them is going to be massacred even further with deals like this on new ones.
Still, it's all relative.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 23 February 2017, 17:15 »
Ordered a White 3 door GTI DSG facelift today from my local dealership, I can't wait for it to arrive :laugh:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 23 February 2017, 21:15 »
Ordered a White 3 door GTI DSG facelift today from my local dealership, I can't wait for it to arrive :laugh:

:cool: so it's done now and you did decide to go DSG.

So have you been given any delivery dates..?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 23 February 2017, 21:35 »
It's done 🙂 I have been told before 30th June but they will get in touch with me over the next few dates to give me a more accurate date. When is your arriving?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 23 February 2017, 21:53 »
It's done 🙂 I have been told before 30th June but they will get in touch with me over the next few dates to give me a more accurate date. When is your arriving?

In 6 sleeps time and at 9.30am...trying to keep myself busy so time just breezes past  :grin:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 23 February 2017, 21:58 »
What sort of % discount did you manage to get on it? If you don't mind me asking. You've got the facelift right?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 23 February 2017, 22:02 »
What sort of % discount did you manage to get on it? If you don't mind me asking. You've got the facelift right?

Na no facelift....did the deed back in November.

Let's not say anymore on this thread tho as it not a 7.5  :laugh:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 23 February 2017, 22:30 »

In 6 sleeps time and at 9.30am...trying to keep myself busy so time just breezes past  :grin:

9:30am? You ba$tard!
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17