Author Topic: GTD buying  (Read 5179 times)

Offline P77GTD

• Just got here
GTD buying
« on: 13 September 2013, 15:23 »
Hi all, newby here. In the market for a 10 reg GTD. Have always had tdi golfs but not full GTD. Been close to buying a few times recently but trying to find a straight car and garage is difficult! There is a lot of dodgy ones out there. Looking at one in the Bristol area now, What should I look out for specifically on the GTD? Cheers, P

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD buying
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2014, 13:55 »
I have just purchased a GTD and to be honest i used a VW dealer.

It might cost a little bit more but it gives you peace of mind.

Good luck :-D
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2014, 17:49 »
Be careful with approved used cars, you'd be surprised where corners might be cut so give any car a detailed inspection.

Offline sam_davies2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2014, 14:34 »
Best thing is to see it in the flesh and go for a god test drive.
2011 '61' Golf GTD DSG 5dr in Graphite Blue with leather, heated seats and bluetooth.

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2014, 20:05 »
Best thing is to see it in the flesh and go for a god test drive.

Yep definatley.  I made sure I drove it first and once I had I waved good bye to me BMW  :grin:
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline jonathan_phang

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2014, 10:32 »
Hi all,

been looking at GTDs for a while and the ones that I want in a specific trim level are becoming more affordable. I'm negotiating with a private seller and may be going up to look at one this weekend for a quick sale.

Is there a checklist of common faults/points that you GTD owners might have encountered that would be good for me to go over to see if they exist on this car?

Would really appreciate it. In case it makes a difference its a 59 plate 5 door DSG, 44k miles, with FVWSH. If possible has anyone got a PDF of the service schedule? So that I can check it?

Regards
Jonny
Candy White MK6 Golf GTD | DSG | Heated Leather | RNS 510

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2014, 18:26 »
Only issues I have are notchy manual gearbox cold (Complained to VW no resolution got nearly 66k on now (own from new)). EGR valve was leaking oil at the front of the engine have a look through this post http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=241858.0 replaced under warranty.  I did also have rusty boot struts replaced under warranty and also two Vancouver alloys replaced due to white worm.
Otherwise saw toothing the tyres at the back with especially with the Bridgestones, may sound like wheel bearings on certain surfaces. Obviously check for accident damage.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2014, 02:30 »
I see the new GTD has an electric handbrake so I wouldn't bother.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.