Author Topic: Exhaust Emission dash light  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Exhaust Emission dash light
« on: 04 September 2013, 14:34 »
My Mk6 gt tdi decided to show the little orange light on the dash last night, any ideas how to cure this without having to spend £££ as its going back to the dealer in part ex soon, should of even been gone by now, only done 15'000 miles, doesnt seem to be any loss in power, noise from the exhaust..
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Exhaust Emission dash light
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2013, 21:57 »
Which light? what shape?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2013, 00:02 »
Hi mate, after searching online properly now and not panicking I see now it's actually the check engine light..!!
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2013, 17:18 »
This the symbol being shown, think i'll have to bite the bullet and ring the garage
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2013, 20:29 »
Worth a trip to the dealer I think for that one, is it still under warrenty.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2013, 20:32 »
nah not under warrenty ive had it 3 1/2 years and its due to go back to them in part ex next month for a gti that i have had on order for 6 months
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2013, 22:26 »
humm tough one, need to find someone with a local VCDS to see what the issue is for a beer token.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 September 2013, 03:09 »
It amazes me users in here with a GTI posting in a TDI section.  :grin:

You need to get your motor scanned for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 07 September 2013, 08:32 »
It amazes me users in here with a GTI posting in a TDI section.  :grin:

You need to get your motor scanned for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them.

It says GT TDI at the top in the thread, GTI on order.

Marshy

« Reply #9 on: 09 September 2013, 19:48 »
I had similar problems a few months ago.
Light was on and car drove fine, anyway it turned out it was the auxiliary electric coolant pump.
After googling it seems to be extremely common.
Get it scanned first.