Author Topic: Best Rubber for GTD 170  (Read 13784 times)

Online ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Best Rubber for GTD 170
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2013, 21:36 »
Good, my first pair lasted 17,000 on the front, now on all 4 corners. A lot quieter than the Bridgestones too and £135 a corner slightly more expensive but I think worth it.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2013, 11:44 »
Good, my first pair lasted 17,000 on the front, now on all 4 corners. A lot quieter than the Bridgestones too and £135 a corner slightly more expensive but I think worth it.

Probably end up going with these when i need a change in a couple of months...

Jules Winfield

« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2013, 21:26 »
Can anyone with the Goodyear Asymmetric 2s tell me what the noise levels are like with these tyres?  I have Potenzas on my GTD currently and they are deafening.  I am eyeing up a set of Assymmetric 2s as a replacement, despite the Potenzas not being fully worn, and the only thing that's holding me back is the noise level - I don't want to spend £400 or so on new tyres for them to be as bad as the current ones.

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2014, 00:51 »
I have Bridgestone potenza S001's and they're quite harsh, love the grip though, find them quiet on the road and motorway too
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2014, 08:36 »
Still can't see why everyone raves about the pilot 3's. Can someone explain why they never come out top of any comparisons but everyone thinks they are the best tyre since sliced bread.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.