Author Topic: interior light not working, door is not registering when opened.  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Golfmadsi

• Just got here
I have just bought a 5 door, y reg 1.9 GT TDI. i have since noticed the interior light does not come on when you open 3 of the doors, the only 1 that makes it come on is the near side rear door, the central locking locks after about 5 secs, after the drivers door is opened, an there is no warning sound when you leave the lights on, an open the doors, its seems to me the 3 doors aren't being registered when opened, can anyone help me as to what may be causing this problem, i have also got a stiff clutch pedal is there a cure for this. i'd be very grateful for any advise thanks, Golfmadsi.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: interior light not working, door is not registering when opened.
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2011, 21:35 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=86403.0

Get the car scanned for faults to confirm its the door modules at fault before throwing money at the problem  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 September 2011, 21:59 by Rhyso »

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2011, 22:00 »
So you do still help then Rhys instead of saying 'sell it and buy a Aldi'....... :tongue:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Golfmadsi

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2011, 22:18 »
thanks for the link, very helpful, i'd say thats my probelm aswell 100%. thx again.