Author Topic: Suspension  (Read 1184 times)

Offline RobDiesel

• Not said much yet
Suspension
« on: 29 September 2010, 21:42 »
Need help with two suspension issues with my golf (mk4 150pd)

First off i took my car to vw today to have a service done on it, They have said i need my rear wishbone bushes replacing.As i dont know much about my suspension im not sure if they mean the rear bushes at the back of the car or the rear bushes at the front wishbones? Would anyone be able to help shed some light on what they mean on this as im sure you can tell my suspension knowledge sucks!

These are the ones i think i need http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PFF85-410-POWERFLEX-Front-Wishbone-Rear-Bushes-GOLF-MK4-/150493434056?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230a1b90c8

Next off i want to get some adjustable coilovers for my golf what do you guys recomend?

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Suspension
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2010, 21:46 »
front rear wishbone bushes, get the audi TT ones from AVS

how much do you want to lower your car? how much cash you got to spend? coilovers can be quite hard on rough roads not everyone likes them.
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline RobDiesel

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2010, 22:38 »
Why the audi TT ones?

Just want to lower it a bit, just after getting better handling. what height would you sugest from standard? Cash should be fine for them :)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2010, 19:58 »
the tt ones are stiffer than the oe ones. do a search loads of threads on them.
if you dont want to go to low then might be better look at Rhyso's old car or Rich911's car both have lowered 30mm. and then get a rear ARB should make quite a difference
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline RobDiesel

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2010, 21:19 »
Been looking at them, i think you could be rite   :tongue:

30MM is about what i was after. ARB? as in anti roll bar?

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2010, 22:32 »
yeah anti roll bar :wink:

Offline RobDiesel

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2010, 02:28 »
Sounds like a plan :D