Author Topic: First OBD11 Scan Results  (Read 5256 times)

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
Re: First OBD11 Scan Results
« Reply #40 on: 09 February 2024, 20:38 »
Haven't noticed anything with performance, can still feel it working when cornering. Although I don't know how long the issue has been present as I only got the OBD11 fairly recently. I got the car inspected by the AA before buying and it wasn't picked up during their scan. It could have happened shortly after though and I've just gotten used to the diff not working fully.
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 09 February 2024, 20:48 »
Scan tools pick up all sorts of irrelevant stuff. I wouldn’t worry about it, unless there’s a performance issue ( if it was a warranty component, you might approach it in a different way!)
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 23 February 2024, 13:35 »
Car has been in to VW this morning. The initial diagnostic confirmed the fault code, but they require another two hours to fully determine what's wrong, quoting £156 per hour of labour..!   :rolleyes:

Spoken to a local independant this morning to carry out the further investigation. They said it's not uncommon for the mechatronics unit controlling the pump to have issues for MY17 and 18 cars, but was fixed for MY19. The two options are likely to be replace the pump of course, or it can be sent away to be fixed, which should result in the fault never reoccurring.

Still unsure whether a replacement pump would be covered by the warranty given that the diff service has never been carried out. What's interesting is that the dealer I bought the car from serviced the car just before I bought it, but they didn't service the diff depiste it being overdue. I wonder if I have grounds to raise it with them, as if they'd serviced it the fault may never have appeared..? Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 23 February 2024, 14:53 »
Still unsure whether a replacement pump would be covered by the warranty given that the diff service has never been carried out. What's interesting is that the dealer I bought the car from serviced the car just before I bought it, but they didn't service the diff depiste it being overdue. I wonder if I have grounds to raise it with them, as if they'd serviced it the fault may never have appeared..? Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

Cant hurt to raise it with them, thats what i'd be doing if it were me, could be a straight up yes or no, or we'll come to some sort of agreement perhaps??

Never serviced in accordance with the maufacturers service schedule and subsequently failed.

Although they will say not servicing it wont have caused the failure, and you cant say for certain it did. Stalemate.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #44 on: 09 April 2024, 19:16 »
Diff fault iInvestigated today by a local indie. They found the pump had very little oil in it, less than 300ml and it should have best part of a 1L or something. No signs of any leaks and the filter was completely clean, so sounds like it's been low for a long time considering there's no record of it being serviced.

The indie managed to source some oil from a local Audi dealer, but apparently the oil is on a 12 month back order. Indie recommended replacing the pump, and if that doesn't work sending the ECU away to be investigated, but I'll see how it goes with the fresh oil in the correct quantity first..!

Offline madstaff

• I live here
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.