Author Topic: dan23 - mk2 GTI project  (Read 6756 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
dan23 - mk2 GTI project
« on: 07 April 2008, 19:10 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
Re: dan23 - mk2 GTI project
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2008, 19:17 »
cheers jv

right lets start the ball rolling, 1st i have had the golf since october last year so im gonna rip alot of the work iv already done off another forum.

but basically i brought a mk2 golf gti 90spec 8v for £399 off ebay

little spec for you lot

MK 2 golf gti 8v 1990 BIG BUMPER, re-spray black, fully colour coded body kit, rolled front arhces, 15"BSA 5 spoke fork alloys, modified twin performance system off mk3 gti from mani back, flushed boot, flushed wing, flushed front, re sitted number plate in reccess on back bumper, retro grill, crystal lamps, crystal indicators, clear repeters, chipped ECU performance HT leads, over sized K&N induction kit

some pics of the car the day i got it home

it needed some little niggle bits doing to it like i needed to get a o/s skirt as its missing and the paint is flacking on the front bumper and on the boot, the zorst from the down pipe to the middle of the box needs a flexi pipe cos at the mo its just a bit of wrapped pipe and it vibrates the hole zorst.
« Last Edit: 07 April 2008, 19:45 by dan23 »

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2008, 19:17 »
only a little thing, but i think it looks good, goes with the hole black theme im going for

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2008, 19:19 »
well these are the alloys iv just gone and brought

im picking up my standard mk2 wing mirrors

and i have in the pipe line these

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2008, 19:21 »
well the wing mirrors have been changed, got a deal on them, straight swap for the old m3 ones,

got some fusion 6by9s for cheap 2day (?25) and brought another shelf (?10)to put them in so i if i sell the car i can put a uncut shelf.

the wheels were a bargin, only ?120, they are only 15s but for that price i couldnt say no, and am collecting them on tuesday

i have just brought the crysal head lights for ?36, hopefully will get them early next wk

the new wing mirrors, back to original look

and the new fusion 6x9s in there new (well old) parcel shelf

getting the wheels 2moro and will get some pics of them up when they are are, also the new crystal lights are in the post and should arrive in the next day or two

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2008, 19:22 »
well i put the wheels on the car 2day, they dont look to bad, need to lower the car now, but......

2moro comes the crystal lights, iv found the missing skirt and will collect them 2moro and put them on

pic to follow

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2008, 19:24 »
well i went to get the skirts 2day, full kit both skirts and all 4 arches £50, not a bad deal and the guy had a lovely mk2 gti g60, was so nice, wish id took some pics of it

pics of the golf as promised

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2008, 19:27 »
well i went to put my new crystal lights in 2day and......well i had to change the old grill as all the clips were broken and it was glued in really bad, so i went out and got myself a retro grill with spots in ject black, could have had one with a red trim but i thought it doest go with the hole black look im going for

well the new grill and crystal lights when on 2day

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2008, 19:28 »
well it got cleanedover the wkend so here are somenew pics of her so far

Offline dan23

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2008, 19:32 »
have had major problems with the heating on the golf, and some1 told me it could be the valve that goes into the heater matrix from under the engine, so i had a diy day on it

so 1st thing was to undo t he 3 clips and take the pipes off

this is what has the problem, the vlave inside is stuck shut

so the tools i need is a flat head screw driver, some WD40 and my fav tool......an hammer :D

then what i needed to do was spray some WD40 down the valver end, as you can see it goes in but not out

then with the screw driver and hammer bang the valver to open it again

with a few good bangs it released the valve, now when i spray WD40 through it, it comes out the other side

now i needed to put it back on, but as i took it off, water come out the main pipe, so i have made an air blockage, so i need to run the car and as water starts to come through the pipe, put the pipe back onto the valve

now i needed to put water and anti freeze back into the car as i lost alot of water taking it out

and to make sure i got all the air out the system, i ran the car with out the water cap on, look at the pretty bubbles

and well...............problem fixed, nice near instant warm air  :smiley: