Author Topic: dubsport - '89 8v GTI  (Read 13550 times)

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re: dubsport - '89 8v GTI
« Reply #20 on: 23 October 2008, 17:27 »
She will be going away soon to my mate shaffi as i think the head gasket might have gone, the speedo doesnt work, high temp lights still flashes and the manifold gasket needs replacing so he is going to get her through an mot and then she should be on the road  :cool:

ok so the yellow fog lights finally arrived today ... made in china so they arent the best fit but they will do  :grin:

and a sneak preview of whats to come ;)

« Last Edit: 23 October 2008, 17:44 by dubsport »

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #21 on: 26 November 2008, 17:16 »
spent £120 on audio equipment today :? just replaced the standard speakers with new updated ones and the sound is amazing! still need to wire in the ones in the door cards.

these are the ones that came out the dash and the replacment ...

BEEFY

and the replacement 6x4s in the parcle shelf supports! no sh!tty 6x9s here :D

she is getting a new windscreen fitted tomorrow (for the mot) and then going to my mate who is a mechanic for the RAC on friday to get this lot done and through an mot!

Sorted!

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Re:
« Reply #22 on: 01 December 2008, 20:08 »
well i went and bought a visor yesterday ... fits mk1s but not mk2s  :undecided: fookin gutted as it looked awesome propped on the car!
« Last Edit: 03 December 2008, 16:39 by dubsport »

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #23 on: 12 February 2009, 12:10 »
been for the mot, needs new brake pipes which are being made up, the crystal lights beam was all over the place and the lowering springs werent sitting properly as they were on standard shocks, so ....

Bought some new headlights from GSF but might put the crystals back on after the mot and will look into some good coilovers for her or lowering springs and shocks. Going to fit my head unit, amp and sub in when i get her back from the garage, then she is off to the body shop to get some bits smoothed over and the damage repaired. After that she is getting detailed ready for the summer and some shows hopefully.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2009, 08:26 by dubsport »

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #24 on: 13 May 2009, 08:23 »
New wheels going on in the beginning of june  :smug:

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #25 on: 09 June 2009, 21:16 »
as promised few pics of the new wheels, they are just propped against the car as i dont want to put them on until the car is taxed. When i got her back obviously hadnt been washed for 6months so had loads of like green moss/alge growning on it, blasted it with the pressure washer and it all came off so im well happy with that, gave her a wash today, looks mint when the paint work is wet and then it drys and looks terrible again  :lol:  Definitely needs lowering (again, they had to come off for the mot as they didnt sit on the shocks properly) think i need a 'mind the gap' sign  until i can get some lowering springs :D  :lol:

let me know what you think  :D