Author Topic: jayton - mk2 driver  (Read 6106 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
jayton - mk2 driver
« on: 20 December 2007, 15:40 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: jayton - mk2 driver
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2007, 18:43 »
Woo! my own little section  :grin:

This is one of the slowest projects on here, I can assure thee! Mainly due to changing jobs in the new year and from weekly pay to monthly salary  :sad:
But! this is SOOO going to be worth it.

First thing's first...

I don't have any pic's with me at the moment of the car when I first got it, so will have to get those later.
I want this too feel authentic as if I have just started the project  :smiley:

Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2007, 23:36 »
Ok, lets start from the beginning.

I had just passed my license and was looking for a car, I was going to get an Astra but then saw this beauty on ebay for, so I bid... I watched ... I waited... for 20 minutes... then won by a pound! YES! 1 GBP! for the grand total of 196 GBP... picked her up the same day as the bloke only lived 5 miles away  :grin: I was running on adrenaline and tonnes of it.

Anyway, got her back let some of my family members have a look as they've had cars longer than myself (duh).

Down to the pictures... (not in chronological order)

First up is the rear wiper mod - lays almost flat instead of in the way looking like its got a hard-on.

Next the door pins, changed from standard ones to the Wolfsburg Edition
See the length difference? Eh they still fit... kinda.

Now on to the gear knob, from

To chromage

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #3 on: 24 December 2007, 19:01 »
Other mods I want to eventually do:

Corrado VR6 2.9L  Supercharged & Turbocharged - If i ever have the £Â£Ã‚£'s, so please feel free to donate to Jayton's VR6 superturbo fund  :grin:

Otherwise realistically modding/changing:

Drivers side front wing dent beaten out or new panel.
New brake drums and all inner bits for rear brakes.
Alloy wheels, hope to get some off a mate that has some nice ones and will sell to me for £200.
SIPS (for kids safety)
Polo Coupe rear wiper arm.
Stainless steel exhaust system.
Some chrome hoses for engine bay.
Engine bay cleaned and sprayed.
New/clean water/anti-freeze reservoir.
40mm lowering springs.
Sports suspension.
Bonnet lifter struts.
Black rear VW badge or Wolfsburg Edition badge.

Hope to get most of that done in the next year or so, just depends on how much my salary increases are this next year  :grin:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2008, 11:50 »
So the rear arches are rusting and blistering under the trims... oh dear!
Going to stick the arch trim back on with no-nails and get a replacement arch ASAP then save to get it fitted  :sad:

Just a little advice, don't set out on a project when you change jobs and have 2 kids and a wife who don't work  :wink:

This is going to set back the rest of the project quiet a bit now... bloody rot worm  :angry:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2008, 18:30 »
Not updated in a while, so thought I'd best do so.

I have had the rear brakes replaced completely, inc the wheel cylinders. Also replaced the front brake discs and pads. So much better now  :grin:

Looks like this might end in tears though... Gonna have to get a 5 door car soon, I'll make damn sure it's another VW if not even a 5 door MK2. The 3 door is starting to do my head in and the wife whinges about her back being sore when getting the kids in so I have to do that as well.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2008, 13:51 »
Well my rear wheel bearings are shot  :angry: and have to wait a week for them to be replaced by my local spanner man who will also sort out my wheel alignment. Which will cost around £110  :angry:

So for the moment I am getting a lift into work with my colleague and his Fiesta ST.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2008, 11:51 »
Fitted a Sony H/U (Thanks 16vGTI Paul) the passenger front speaker now works all the time, looks like it might have been a loose connection at the back.

Also done the Headlamp Loom uprated  :cool:
Ruddy bell! I can see the road now when it's dark  :laugh:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2008, 15:36 »
The uprated head light loom seems to be faulty  :sad:
High beam does not work, only the side lights come on, but fogs work fine...
Going to check the connections again later when it's cooler.

List of things to do:
Sort out uprated wiring loom
A bit of an oil leak around the oil cap on top of the engine.
Wash the car & clean up the interior.
Replace cracked fog lamp  :angry: fecking gritter salt cracked it, don't drive past a gritter spilling salt!
Refurb steelies.

It's a tight month with the council tax starting again, car tax, kids birthdays & seminars in London...
So if it's going to cost £Â£Ã‚£'s to get the oil leak fixed it'll have to wait  :sad:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2008, 16:08 »
List of things to do:
Sort out uprated wiring loom
A bit of an oil leak around the oil cap on top of the engine.
Wash the car & clean up the interior.
Replace cracked fog lamp  angry fecking gritter salt cracked it, don't drive past a gritter spilling salt!
Refurb steelies.

The oil filler cap seems to be leaking a bit, but this is probably caused by a worn rubber, so if I can get 1 that'll sort that out if not a new filler cap will do.
Waiting for the end of the month to get the fog lamp replacements.