Author Topic: golf8v - mk2 8v  (Read 9434 times)

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
Re: golf8v - mk2 8v
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2007, 20:10 »
So i fitted the Coilovers Today gave them a clean..Havent got c spanner to adjust the height. Have one at work so i chanced fitting them as they were.. heres what happened

FRONT VEIW

FRONT ARCH

REAR ARCH

So i think i will lift the front a small amount,to avoid losing my sump!!!.the back seems to be lower then the front which is not for me i like to have back slightly higher than the front to give nice stance..

At least the have settled in now so i can ajust accordingly. Never had coilovers on a golf but they are worth every penny?? It handles like its on rails never get this ride with springs. and the ride wasnt as hard as i thought it would be>>

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 06 September 2007, 21:10 »
Havent posted much lately..since fitting my coilovers i have had bit spending benny. bought new window seals, brake disc backing plates, sun roof seal ,varoius missing trim pices and clips and door membrain to seal inside of doors, cailper overhaul ,2l hammerite red to respay under side of car, 1l black 2k paint to respray all suspention components will look like new car underneath when i have finished!!! also i have striped all 4 doors out as they are of to body shop on 17th for re painting as few minor car park dents will add pics soon   :grin:

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2007, 20:53 »
Picked up two of my doors from the bodyshop today. Going to fit to the car and rebuild and fit new plastic membrane. Also while they were there I had the mirrors colour coded. Here's a picture, will post pictures of doors tomorrow.

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 24 September 2007, 20:47 »
Well fitted the doors to car fitted new plastic membrane, cleaned all windows and rubbers, the doors are such a  good job i have booked it in next week for roof, front wings and bonnet, had parts painted and then 3 coats of lacquer, this will stop the fading and give full deep gloss shine, I have decided to fit beesting aerial and have welded up existing wing hole as it looks better then grommet.

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2007, 19:21 »
well got all my doors fitted new membrane and all trims on. Took it back to body shop for roof and front wings to be done. Picked it up friday and what a great job has been done. I was a bit unsure of taking it to this bodyshop as it was not equipped with oven, but the result was excellent the price was very good too, I stripped all the doors to bare shell so they were painted inside and out this cost £200, to have the roof and front wings done this cost £250. so i spent all of today rebuilding my car and heres what its like now..

« Last Edit: 06 October 2007, 19:27 by golf8v »

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2008, 08:54 »
hi all , i havent really done much too car lately but clean it, i fitted new cutch kit and fitted gear linkage repair kit while i was there , now gear change is much smoother, going to order set of borbet A rims when sun shines, Lastest thing i bought where these

will post photos when fitted also have black number plate surrounds to hold them in

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 03 February 2008, 15:09 »
My plates are now fitted, did a post in forum and got told its chavvy umm i think it just looks like a dub

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 07 March 2008, 22:24 »
Just quick update i have ordered some borbet A rims 9*16 all round will post pics soon as i get them.

This month to do new bottom arms drop links and bushes set the chamber up and tracking fit new wheels i will be running 215/40 r 16 tyres so they should be well streched..

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2008, 13:56 »
Just a quicky, i bought some chinese handles from goops off here and fitted them, it took lot of time and patience i had to modify the silly little plastic bolts as there didnt look to robust, so i fitted some little dome headed bolts. all fitted and work well.

Offline golf8v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 21 March 2008, 12:56 »
just had del man drop off my new wheels!! cant wait for the tyes so i can get them on 9+16"

ive have also took of rear wiper and removed boot lock to make boot look less clutted

« Last Edit: 21 March 2008, 13:26 by golf8v »