Author Topic: Dolly - £500 MK2  (Read 11348 times)

Offline Dolly

• I live here
Re: Dolly - £500 MK2
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2008, 21:54 »
Recon rad as couldnt source a new G60 rad, even after searching hi and low. also gave the rad cowling a lick of paint as the top was rusty.
very newish looking 54 Callipers also on.

the goodridge braided turned up last week so hopefully by the weekend will have those fitted.
also have a new 22mm master cylinder but will have to see how im doing for time the weekend and if the brake unions want to co-operate

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2008, 16:55 »
Forgot i had booked today and tomorrow off work.. so after i walked in and then out work thought id have a quick go at the golf.

the front braided hoses are on, and the pads are in. although not being 100% sure what car my 280mms are of led to some confussion to which pads i needed, so i went to do the job with 2 sets... but there were that similar i dont know if i put the right ones in or what... anywhos pics ( not very exciting ones )

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2008, 22:36 »
right its been a while because my new phone doesnt like my computer, heres a few pics i took with it, got some alloy boost hoses in, and worked it so ive got a FMIC, its off a bmw X5 3.0d, fits like a glove infront of the Rad. and i also got the interior almost back together.

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 November 2008, 09:39 »
Took it down my friends place of work and got the tracking and camber sorted, stuck the front grille back on. 90% there now.

to do

Fit PAS belt and then relocate resoviour
Fit Rear coilovers
Fit Mk4 Rear callipers

MOT and enjoy i hope!

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2009, 16:24 »
Well ive done somthing  :grin:

got the mk4 callipers on although the pedal is spongy as fook, hope its just air in the system
Rear coilovers on and wound down  :laugh:
also removed the boost return today which included fitting an oil catch tank, no sure if im going to keep the set up as it is at the minute/

Also got this slim line fan to fit.

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 April 2009, 21:43 »
Re-positioned the catch tank to under the coolant tank. bit neater.
fitted a newely painted rocker cover, and a new upper cam cover. fitted a recon Rack (PAS) and new steering knuckle. and some very expensive corrodo power steering pipe work.
Coilovers sent down a little bit more trying to get the stance right.

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2009, 18:14 »
Update but no pictures  :cry:

Saturday got the old girl into work, fitted the new 22mm master cylinder no problem, but my brake pedal stiff felt crap even after bleeding loads. finally discovered the N/S/F calliper was sticking. so i stripped the brakes down and sorted it, then re-bled all good.
Fitted some Legal english GB reg plates and...

today it passed the MOT with no adviserys, although the handbrake is abit iffy lol. so im well happy its fully insured but i need the documents to tax it, the online tax thing refuses to believe that i have insurance at the moment lol.

happy happy happy  :evil: