Author Topic: Demoni - royal blue mk2  (Read 3854 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Demoni - royal blue mk2
« on: 04 August 2006, 13:41 »
Here you go :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline ChrisO GolfO

• GTI forum regular
  • See thru it
Re: Demoni - royal blue mk2
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2006, 15:32 »

Cheers JV! :smiley:

An Intro

Im Chris
Welcome to my Project Page...

After owning VW's since I started driving I always remember my first, a Mk5 Polo in Bright Red. It had alot done to it lowered suspension, sports exhaust, reiger body kit. But no matter what I could do it, it would never compare to my friends Atlas Grey Mk2 GTi. How could it?

The Polo got written off in what was quite a harsh accident, I came out alive with no scratches and no bruises! This is what prompted the next VW, My currently daily driver a VW Golf Mk4.

Anyway back to the GTi, with the daily driver in place (has been for ages now) I got bored of the chilled out seating posistion the under average performance of a 1.4, and its usually rattles and bugs.

Time to find something new/old... I rang insurers asking various questions and quotes for Hot Hatches... half laughed and half quoted me as if I had won 15million on the lottery. Finally got my a$$ in gear and called HIC quoted me resonable so I decided to bite the bullit and get a GTi
Who wanna get halfed up by a half wit
Who got a gang a problems
And dont give a half sh!t b!tch

Offline ChrisO GolfO

• GTI forum regular
  • See thru it
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2006, 16:03 »
The Search was On!

I began where people with no idea begin with... AutoTrader.

I ran through the ads every week for a long time picking out various examples over the weeks, some close by, some miles away! Building a profile of what you can get for your money and what extras/add on's the cars all had.

There was one in red a 16v (at that time i didnt even know that there was two versions!) Really mint and I had the intention of placing deposit but got beaten to it by someone else. Infact most of the ones I looked at got snapped up in 24hours of them being posted! (I remember going SH1T! They are really sought after)

I then took my attention to this site... Spent time on the Mk2 Part of the Forum read what common faults and problems there were. Then smiled as their questions got answered by everyone who knew a lot more, wicked!

Time was going by and one GTi caught my interest in a large way, a Royal Blue GTi 8v the post had seven Pages! With many people having such an interest I contacted the seller and we eventually arranged a meet to have a look round.

Offline ChrisO GolfO

• GTI forum regular
  • See thru it
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2006, 14:16 »
The Car and Delivery

After spending 4 hours in ques up M1 we got there...

The Golf was in a good condition with a few scratches but not bad, I had a look round and took it for a quick drive round... I got my partner to check for smoke as I drove away and come back again. All okay there.

A run down of spec:
3 Door
Royal Blue Metallic
15" BBS RA's (I think)
Slightly lower stance
Big Bumper Kit
SS Exhaust DTM Style
Front Fogs

Interior:
VGC Inside fully Valeted
Slight wear on drivers bolsta which has been repaired
VW Rubber Mats
White Dials
90 Spec Style with Hazards on the Steering Coloumn
Rear Parcel Shelf housing two Sony Components

All in all car was great for its condition with Service Book fully stamped up to 2003 when it was taken off road and only covered 10,000 since. Oil and Filter Chnaged also K&N Panel Filter cleaned and newly oiled. It has also had a Engine Top End Overhaul done but no sign of Recipts for this.

Delivery was made later last month 31st to be Precise for £140 did a good job but it turned up with no passenger head lamp lense glass in it... Must have fallen out.

The previous owner Rich kindly took one off his scrapped golf and posted it to me so thats sorted now.

Offline ChrisO GolfO

• GTI forum regular
  • See thru it
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2006, 12:28 »
On the weekend I had a chance to wash/polish/make the car sparkly...

I started with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo
Dried with Autoglym Aqua Blade CA Style!
Waited for Residue to Clear
Rubbed on Autoglym Super Resin Polish letting it dry to a glaze
Rubbed off with soft cloths
Rubbed on Extra Gloss Protection leaving for 1hour
Rubbed off that stuff

Finally went round car with Back to black and Tyre Shine

Results below

Well after spending some time on it over the weekend I managed to capture some pics before it was going dark...

Offline ChrisO GolfO

• GTI forum regular
  • See thru it
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2006, 15:22 »
Where does the time go eh! Almost a month has past since I have any time to spare..! Well this update is really going to be what im planning to do to my Golf and things that have happend over the past month.

To start off with Fuel Gauge the way it was reading 0 all the time! Even with 15 litres of fuel in it, and no reading off oil temp on MFA the Secret mode of the MFA I have yet still to fathom out.

My guess is with its dials being replaced with white whoever did the conversation messed it up and I think the clocks will need to be taken out... Never mind tho something to do :)

I started for a while this morning and its SS exhaust is very bassy! Sounded very nice much to the discust of other neighbours and im very worried about leaving it in the Garden over the holiday! But I will get to find out if anyone touches it... The Sunroof has a small problem mainly its sealing surround has moved in a little at one side but its rained over the past month and nothing has become damp.

I have a few things I will want to do with it which is the reason for this post...

1) Get it lowered by a significant ammount
2) Have it fully serviced at Stealth Racing
3) Get used to having a 1.8 GTi then eventually pop a 2.0l Bottom end on it
4) Have clocks swapped back to black
5) A possible touch up on some body work pannels
6) Interior retrim in Purple to match me current hair style lol

Sorry if this was a short one but Berlin tomorrow for a week and hopefully might pick up a few parts for me GTi whilst im out there!

Take care and keep on Dubbin