Author Topic: johnson6672 - "Lee's Silver mk2 GTI 8v project"  (Read 7709 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
johnson6672 - "Lee's Silver mk2 GTI 8v project"
« on: 24 August 2009, 16:31 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
Re: johnson6672 - "Lee's Silver mk2 GTI 8v project"
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2009, 19:44 »
Right as i am having a night off from working on the car i can get this started.
The project used to Martz Silver "Ghetto" project till he put it in the classifieds, at first for £200, but one day i noticed that the price had dropped by £200, yep thats right FREE!! :smiley: So i messaged him straight away to say i would have.
The reason it was free, no interior or front wings, no worries, got an interior from jezza16v for £50, its a mint Rainbow Interior (all bar 2 small fag burns on the back seat).
When i arrived to get the car the front wings were still on so big bonus there and i gave Martz some cash for the tax disc aswell, to make life easier.

Since getting the car i have fitted the interior, changed the head gasket, changed the sump gasket, done the rear axle bushes(they were fun on my own) changed 1x rear wheel bearing, painted the rear caliper carriers and the mk 4 calipers that i got.

All i have left to do for the MOT is refit the rear brakes bleed them and thats should be it, i am also going to change the cambelt and tensioner pulley aswell.

Once it is on the road i am not too sure which direction i am going to take yet its either going to be totally standard with a few touches or the smooth look or i may make this one into a track car when i get another one in a few months time.

I will get some more pics up when its out of the garage.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2009, 22:16 »
Well the calipers i got off a mate wern't mk4 the were Audi A3 so for now the standard ones are back on and all bled though.
I used an eezi bleed to bleed it and was well chuffed with how effective it is.
Refilled the engine tonight and ran it though, going to give it a proper run tomorrow and check for leaks after i have clean the engine again, then its just give it a quick clean and maybe even some polish and its off for an MOT.

Keep finding little thinkgs that need doing at some point, like LED's in the dash, also found a wire tonight that is disconnected and looks like it has been for quite a while, not sure where it goes but i think its for the alarm as that doesn't work so i am going to look into that at some point, but thats the fun of a project, theres always going to be something to do. :smiley:
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2009, 21:35 »
Well today i finally got round to running the engine upto normal temp, fan cut in and no sign of any leaks, so next week its coming down off the axle stands and hopefully going for an mot if i get time.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2009, 15:26 »
Well its finally off the axle stands, although the rear wheel bearing i changed needs a tweak, apart from that all seems good at the moment, adjusted he clutch cable today, the right way this time so i have some freeplay apart from that not alot else done, hoping to get mot done soon but am always away with work at the moment so it doesn't seem to make sense to get the mot done at the moment but it will be done soon.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2010, 22:49 »
Well its been a while, but hopefully its MOT time next week so fingers crossed it will be on the road soon.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2010, 08:08 »
Well now i have got 2 cars that are on the road, i don't need to worry about using this for daily duties, so the plan now is to strip everything out, bucket fit seats and harness, then use it as a track day toy.
So up for grabs fairly soon will be the interior, PM me if you are interested!!!!
192bhp 212lbft torque.