Author Topic: Drew's 8v RED ride....new car!  (Read 40056 times)

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
Drew's 8v RED ride....new car!
« on: 10 March 2009, 23:58 »
hello. . .  just thougth i'd give a little story behind my car and how i came about to owning it and anything i've done or have planned for it really. prob not as much as the other dub rides but would like to my own little thread.  :smiley:

Well. .  as far as it goes it was stuck in someones garage rotting away as the guy who owned it ran it out off MOT and tax and just left it to die. i could of took it off him for £500 but didin't feel i had the time to clen her up etc. . .  but my boss did!

So he brought the car for £500 (no pics of what state she was in, sorry) and went about getting her up to standard with refurd alloys, brand new headlights, full service, oil change, new ht leads, dizzy, rotor arm, side skirts, small dent removed out of drivers door. inside and out valated, MOT and taxed and she was ready to roll!  :smiley:

This to my boss was a project as back in the day he had one almost brand new and set him back almost £8k!

this was until he let me borrow it one night and i fell in love with it. . not so much the speed as it is nippy but driven and been in alot faster car but just seemed great to drive then checking out the net and reading on here loved the whole VW thing. . . so took the car off him for a grand as thats what it stood him at and would off stood me at if i got the car in the first place!  :rolleyes:

since then not really done much to it really. . . . couple simple things and things that needed to be done. simple things like i got some pressed plates made up and changed my dash to LED blue, also changed all the badges for brand new ones from VW, GTI grille badge, boot lid badge, rear golf GTI badge, side skirt GTI badges. Had stereo with usb and aux connection fitted,and parts of dash sorted out.

Things that needed to be done was middle box that i had sorted and back box postioned right... then ABS sorted and coolant flush. sensor changed and also a fan control switch. Heat shield around back box has been a pain and a constant rattle but fixed today!  :smiley:

Refurd with new centre caps if not a little dirty.

Car days after i owned it

good clean

New badges

New headlights from few months ago.

Being fixed  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 03 September 2010, 07:40 by DrewGTI »

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
Re: Drew's 8v white ride
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2009, 00:04 »
Next things would be to lower it and a changed of alloys!

maybe alloys like this?

At the moment things that aint needed i dont feel like i should spend the cash on until i have extra of it.  :sad:

next thing to do is a radiator change. . .  anyone got a how to??  :smiley: doing it tomorrow, well today as passed midnight!  :grin: :smiley:
« Last Edit: 11 March 2009, 00:19 by DrewGTI »

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2009, 00:23 »
:wink: White is a good :drool:  Verryy Nice, mint car

I'm getting mine lowered soon (5th April) will prob put some pictures up on here.

Out of intrest where did you get the new centre caps? Mine arer awful

« Last Edit: 11 March 2009, 00:51 by 8v8v »

Down Hill From Here.

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2009, 00:42 »
how much lowered mate??

centre caps off ebay but genuine parts. . . not seen any since, mate got some from hong kong. . and oh dear!!!  :grin: :grin:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2009, 00:46 »
Im still looking for some, they don't seam to exist anymore! :(

Well coilovers, I don't know. I will play around with them. Prob settle for 35/40mm, for a giggle I will pop them down to 100mm.   :laugh:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2009, 00:47 »
Im still looking for some, they don't seam to exist anymore! :(

Well coilovers, I don't know. I will play around with them. Prob settle for 35/40mm, for a giggle I will pop them down to 100mm.   :laugh:

guarantee you go more than 35mm  :wink:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2009, 00:50 »
Your down to 100mm? How is the ride? Any problems?

Anyone know what size of the stickers in the centre caps? 55mm?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2009, 00:53 »
Your down to 100mm? How is the ride? Any problems?

Anyone know what size of the stickers in the centre caps? 55mm?

had to raise it a little recently as i had to take it a little offroad but its now around 80mm lowerd, had no problems with it being v.low other than scraping the splitter a bit.. :undecided:

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2009, 01:19 »
I was thinking around 40mm. . .was looking at the jamex kit as seems quite cheap!! read some thoughts on here and seems 50/50 so not sure what to go for?

don't want the ride to harsh and as my back box aint standard to pipe to the middle box already knocks on the axel when carring peeps in the back,  :undecided:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2009, 01:21 »
I will prob stick it to 40mm then go lower when I get more bits like ARB,  adjustable drop links and such.

Hot Tunning on here are good at the price. I will take some pictures of me doing it. Show you what it looks like (As our cars are the same)

Down Hill From Here.