Author Topic: dTEA - 16v on Azev  (Read 3198 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
dTEA - 16v on Azev
« on: 19 January 2009, 20:23 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Re: dTEA - 16v on Azev
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2009, 20:49 »
Cheers JV...

Thanks to Nickvw for offering the sale of his taster valver...but due to a lack of funds, its looking unlikely that I can get my hands on the money that someone owes me, so i'm starting to look at my own valver...if I can get the money together before the end of the month I'm still hoping to take it, which will mean that this project is aiming at 6months to a year for turn around

First off a run down on the car itself and how I got it, I think.

Its a '89 16v car with 90 spec, meaning big bumpers, PAS, E/W, C/L sunroof and rainbow interior.  It had already done 193,000 on the clock but the MFA was still working well, including the ambient temp gauge.  The injectors were done prior to me buying it, and as per my signature, its running Eibach and Koni springs and adj shocks.  It was already running a middle section from a Scorpion stainless exhaust, but the guy sold the backbox as it was keeping his little un awake when in the car!  It was also running 16x7.5J Azev C wheels.  The sunroof was sealed up with sealant and this was the first thing to sort...being summer when I bought it and a 16v they don't run cool do they :grin:

The car currently is sat outside the house looking sorry for itself as I've been using my CTR as a daily due to the car cutting out for a while, although that turned out to be a loose relay...and 2 electrical geezers couldn't spot it, but I did :rolleyes: 

The list of things to sort on her as follows:

• refit the rest of the Scorpion exhaust
  • Sort the squealing PAS Belt as its either not the right belt that I bought or its the tensioner thats knackered as its at its limit
  • A tune up, courtesy of Awesome GTi on the Rolling Road as its got a number of flat spots, which will be helped by a new set of plugs, leads, and dizzy if needed.
  • Samco hoses as a number of breather pipes are looking the worse for wear.
  • A new alarm as despite the help from Troublestarter he cannot help with the technical info as to why the replacement fob isn't coding.

and the exhaust that needs attention!

plus a new grill might just be needed as its scruffy looking

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2009, 19:19 »
Now after looking at the PAS again without the wheel on to get in my way I found that the car is running 4 locking wheel bolts 8 hex bolt and only 4 standard ones :shocked:...The Hex ones were impossible to get off without a number of different size sockets as they were odd sized and not able to use the tyre iron...went straight down to GSF and got myself 12 new un's...along with a new exhaust rubber for the centre section as I caught it on a bloody speed bump :embarassed:

Ordering a new grille this evening and possibly a new set of handles and keys that match, plus ones that I can use in the handle to get in rather than the mk3 style rears that are on at the moment; at least until the alarm problem is sorted properly.

There is a little bubble around the fuel filler cap that needs to be sorted as well, so reckon I might be pricing up a respray with a local geezer who's always done right by me.

Oh and I need to get rid of the CTR once the tune up is done at Awesome, so I can possibly still get nick's valver :evil:

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2009, 21:22 »
well car is in for tune up at Awesome and the Scorpion back box is on...hopefully fingers crossed the tune up is all fine and we'll take things from there. 

I'll grab my camera once the car is back and get some pics of the exhaust...and i've got my new grille too...

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2009, 00:27 »
The list of jobs to do is now less!!! Hurrah!  Still the bodywork to look at but now depends on funds...seems money is haemorrhaging right now with nipper, house, mortgage and car running costs...and its looking like I might need to sell one of my cars :cry:

BUT my list is smaller for the absolute necessary jobs

* refit the rest of the Scorpion exhaust
* Sort the squealing PAS Belt as its either not the right belt that I bought or its the tensioner thats knackered as its at its limit
* A tune up, courtesy of Awesome GTi on the Rolling Road as its got a number of flat spots,which will be helped by a new set of plugs, leads, and dizzy if needed.
 * Samco hoses as a number of breather pipes are looking the worse for wear
 * A new alarm as despite the help from Troublestarter he cannot help with the technical info as to why the replacement fob isn't coding.

Tune up at Awesome was worth the hassle of getting to and from with lifts from the missus, as they have said nothing mechanically wrong with the motor at all, and with 194,000 on the clock I'm impressed :smug:
« Last Edit: 01 February 2009, 00:41 by dTEA »