Author Topic: A crackdown by the fuzz on modded cars, be warned!  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: A crackdown by the fuzz on modded cars, be warned!
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2008, 11:16 »
no way thats well dumb. most cops havnt got a clue.

They do this to reach their daily targets i bet.

Ive always had a good attitude towards the police when pulled but they still went on like cocks.

They should not use their loud sirens at night (empty road)...wakes me up. What about that? Tossers :rolleyes:
:)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2008, 11:22 »
I was sat outside the local yesterday evening as it was a lovely day, the amount of REALLY loud exhausts I heard go past, ranging from a 350Z that made the tables vibrate it was so loud down to some 13 year old in a fiesta. Lots of them about at the moment.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2008, 11:26 »
Mine is actually quieter than standard at below 5.5k revs. A little louder at the top end, but they would probably think mine looks standard anyway :grin:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2008, 11:36 »
my mate had a seriously loud exhaust on his mk2 golf and always revved it up as he drove the cops past to get there reaction

f**king muppet :rolleyes:

Offline dabill

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2008, 13:03 »
pah, coppers just pull you when they feel like it, i work bang nexst to sheffields main police control center, and i see, without fair, 4-5 traffic cops everyday on my commute to and from work.

im running a fairly loud zorst, german plates that really in no way shape or form look at all legal, often do 50 in the 40 on the europa link which is basically a pedestrain free road so not too bad, and when i was stopped, its cos i over took a police car. no mention of the mods... clueless, or just really slack.

but, im not gonna complain too much about this, they do have more important things to deal with i suspect.

noble tuned - and still not fast enough!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2008, 13:22 »
pah, coppers just pull you when they feel like it, i work bang nexst to sheffields main police control center, and i see, without fair, 4-5 traffic cops everyday on my commute to and from work.

im running a fairly loud zorst, german plates that really in no way shape or form look at all legal, often do 50 in the 40 on the europa link which is basically a pedestrain free road so not too bad, and when i was stopped, its cos i over took a police car. no mention of the mods... clueless, or just really slack.

but, im not gonna complain too much about this, they do have more important things to deal with i suspect.

Exactly, someones got to replace the film in the speed camera.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2008, 13:50 »
Maybe I'm missing something, but why does a couple of people on a couple of forums constitute a crackdown on modified cars ? :huh:
......now officially dubless.

Offline dabill

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2008, 14:02 »
because.... its just obvious really. their simply cracking down.

noble tuned - and still not fast enough!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2008, 14:29 »
Must stop looking at forum, I need to crack on with me work.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2008, 18:32 »
Maybe I'm missing something, but why does a couple of people on a couple of forums constitute a crackdown on modified cars ? :huh:

Because in one of the posts the chap was told by the copper they were having a national crackdown. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

Nick